Return to Website

HHS Class of '59

Welcome to the Discussion Forum for HHS'59 ! If you are a classmate or just visiting, we would like to hear from you.

HHS Class of '59
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Downtown memories
Great memories of the downtown area. Enjoy readiung the posts and looking at the pictures. I nam a grad of HAMMOND TECH 1966 but have friends who attended HAMMOND HIGH also.
Views: 374   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2010 6:41pm
by Larry Crane
Join us
We have 4 blogs at the 67 site ,all HHS grads are as welcome there, as all are welcome here !! Jim
Views: 343   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 8:08pm
by Jim Wallgren
h
hhs59
50th Class Reunion Comments
We are anxious to hear your feedback and comments on the 50th Class Reunion of HHS '59...
Views: 422   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 2, 2009 7:07am
by hhs59
Attention HHS Class of 1967!
To All Members of HHS Class of 1967: Dan Dobrowski and I are heading up an effort to establish a database of contact info on all classmembers of Hammond High's 1967 graduating class. I think we are up to 36 confirmed email addresses, with phone numbers and mail...
Views: 687   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 10:25am
by George Reyes
New email address
Hi, Please notice that I have a new email address: cmackward@gmail.com. The nonprofit I directed closed after nearly 30 years, a victim of the economy. I like research and writing too much to quit cold turkey, so Ihave been consulting from time to time (althou...
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2008 11:58am
by Connie Mack-Ward...
Jimmy Clabby
My father was Jimmy Clabby's first cousin. I was able to access some information on him including several pictures on your website hhs59. Ironically I graduated from high school in 59 as well. I must say that your website is very impressive. I wonder if I can ask you...
Views: 530   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 1:47pm
by jim clabby
graduated in 1959
Just looking up to see some classmates and if they are still in the area. I graduated in 1959.
Views: 545   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2008 2:36pm
by Rita Ann Pelshaw
Locate friend
I have been trying to locate Richard Bajer for decades. He never made the reunions or joined any organizations like classmates.com. If anyone knows Richard, have him contact me at mrpaul@tampabay.rr.com
Views: 560   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2007 6:46am
by Paul Soucy
thank you!!! Wonderful website for Regionites!
Whoever is responsible for creating this site, thank you so much. I'm 44 years old and have many rich, sweet memories of downtown Hammond. My great uncles came to Hammond from Greece and my dad and mom both have deep roots there, too. My sweetest memories from childh...
Views: 507   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2007 3:13pm
by Nostalgic Neighb...
r
RAY
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER POW-WOW
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE POW-WOW RESTURANT ON 169TH STREET IN HESSVILLE. I'M TRYING TO FIOND A PICTURE OF THE RESTURANT.
Views: 840   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 27, 2007 6:46pm
by Bill
Maid Rite Cheeseburger... finally, after 39 years!
My friends, to my knowledge, I never had a Maid Rite cheeseburger after graduation from HHS in 1967 until yesterday. I know our Maid Rite's was not an "official" Maid Rite restaurant; it was not part of the franchise. I only learned of the Maid Rite franchise abou...
Views: 1006   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 21, 2006 8:31pm
by Tom Johnson
Downtown Hammond of the 60's
Downtown Hammond was a vibrant, happy place with a wide variety of stores. Customers and store clerks engaged in friendly conversations as items were purchased. People were not in a hurry, because they were enjoying the shopping experience. There was a spirit of opt...
Views: 740   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2006 5:55pm
by Tom Johnson
Class Reunion
Can anyone tell me the date of the reunion for the class of 1946? Thank You Marcella
Views: 659   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2006 6:54pm
by Marcella "Hamm" ...
HHS Alumni
The history of Hammond High School is amazing. We at HHS continue to strive for excellence. Your support and assistance is always welcome. Please contact us if we can be of assistance in your next class reunion or gathering.
Views: 679   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2006 2:06pm
by Erick Jones
Class 0f 1975
Looking for classmate from 1975, have we EVER had a reunion??? Look me up..
Views: 778   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 6:59pm
by Ted Gillespie
These should bring back some memories
I went to a "Cruise In" in a nearby town, and I saw some absolutely beautiful old cars. There were Chevies from the 50's and 60's, and there were some old Fords and other types of cars from the same era. Some of these cars looked like they were brand new! These...
Views: 782   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 5, 2005 7:13pm
by Tom Johnson, Cla...
Hello to All
Hello, Everyone. My name is Tom Johnson, and I am a member of the HHS Class of '67. I have lived in Kentucky since 1973, but I was born and raised in Hammond. I grew up on Woodward Avenue. If you don't know me, you might have known my dad. He worked at Minas's...
Views: 674   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2005 4:24pm
by Tom Johnson, Cla...
Hammond High School to be razed for "New School"
It was noted on Rich Barnes website that Hammond High School is to be demolished to make way for a new building according to an article at sbrown@nwitimes.com on Jan 27, 2005. It will be the passing into history of a grand old building which has had memories from al...
Views: 878   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2005 11:28am
by Raymond W. & R. ...
Re: Looking for Jim White
Jim, have you found Jim White? Also, what have you been up to for the last 40+ years? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:What ever happened to Jim White?
Views: 759   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 27, 2004 4:03pm
by Tom Rose
More missing people
My ex-husband, Lane Satterblom, also from our class--when last heard from, he was living in Chicago (and his real first name is Edward.) Also, my e-mail to Judy Giecko (sp?) was returned, so I couldn't ask her about Sharon Duggan, among the missing from the directory...
Views: 857   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 23, 2004 1:43pm
by Hazel
Maid-Rite Hamburgers
After using the search feature and reading a LOT of postings, I finally figured it out. You all talk about the Maid-Rite recipe, but unless you went to HHS and know the secret word, you can't find the recipe. Keep up the good work, I know it takes a lot of time and...
Views: 860   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2004 3:50pm
by M Scurlock
Looking for Pauline Rauer
Whatever happened to Pauline Rauer? and for that matter, any of the HHS 59 people who went to Wallace School? A bunch of us were "mid-termers," so some didn't graduate until 1960, I suppose. Judy Hart & I are probably the only '59 grads in Gary--Judy went to Wallace,...
Views: 793   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2004 4:49am
by Hazel
Information on lost classmates.
Looking for information on classmates Larry Armestrong, John Forrester, Dick Trembley, Susie Brown, Earl Thompson, Wayne Osborne and other lost classmates from HHS 59. See the rest of you at the reunion in October.
Views: 812   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2004 4:25am
by Marshall Scurloc...
Names and Addresses of Missing Classmates...
Please list additional names/addresses/phone numbers of HHS'59ers for our network...
Views: 760   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 29, 2004 8:39pm
by Allen L Kuehl
Teachers - Hugh Dawson
Hugh Dawson was an assistant basketball coach at HHS and also served as a Home Room teacher. I located Mr. Dawson who retired and to Florida. I called him last week to tell him about the website. He said he had WebTV and would try to visit. He was excited to hear...
Views: 291   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 18, 2003 8:26pm
by ronald e. hartma...
Cubs
So....how 'bout those Cubs!! I'll bet all of us was glued to the tube wearing our old wornout gear. Brought back the good times.
Views: 792   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2003 5:10am
by Rich
Hi
What fun this is ...to hear news from HHS. I have been out of touch for so many years. I do go back to Munster every summer to spend time with my sister, Tam Simonetto (HHS 61). She lets me know when she runs into someone I might know. I moved to California 28 ye...
Views: 865   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2003 9:36pm
by Karen Steinmetz ...
Barry Eldridge
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Barry Eldridge? Sure would be fun to talk with him again. Wayne Lander
Views: 785   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2002 11:41am
by Wayne Lander
Looking for Ben Laden
It took a while and a million miles or so, Sharon Hineline, nee Sharon Hoffman, will assume the hame of Sharon Kalan (She finally read the note I had hidden in her clarinet case.) Sorry Rich, but good things do take patients. (Sic) Jim
Views: 768   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2002 8:59am
by Jim Kalan
Re: No Clue Jim
Yeppers I red it... Nowperrs, hear is whot wee say 'bout that in tejas... hozz lahf there in West Viginnie?? --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Sigh, wonder who else has no clue as to who I am. Maybe that is why I was listed as one of the mis...
Views: 777   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2002 8:51am
by Jim Kalan
Re: Regional or Single Class Reunion?
Regional reunions would be nice at some point, but I favor one reunion for our 45th in hopes of seeing classmates from all over the United States. Sharon Langdon Porter (Baltimore) --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Please enter your ideas and opin...
Views: 758   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 4:36am
by Rich Barnes
Place or Venue for HHS'59 Class Reunion?
Please enter your ideas and/or opinions here...
Views: 690   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 4:22am
by Rich Barnes
Formal or Informal Class Reunion?
Please enter your response and opinion here... --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I guess the primary goal of this website is to reunite members of the Hammond High School Class of 1959, and I hope we have done this in part. Now the question is, "...
Views: 710   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 4:21am
by Rich Barnes
Regional or Single Class Reunion?
Please enter your ideas and opinions here...
Views: 638   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 4:19am
by Rich Barnes
IDEAS NEEDED FOR A HHS'59 CLASS REUNION...
I guess the primary goal of this website is to reunite members of the Hammond High School Class of 1959, and I hope we have done this in part. Now the question is, "Should we have a HHS 1959 Class Reunion and what is the best way to accomplish this goal?" One optio...
Views: 1169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2002 4:13am
by Rich Barnes
No Clue Jim
Sigh, wonder who else has no clue as to who I am. Maybe that is why I was listed as one of the missing ones in the book sent out for the 25 yr reunion. Looks like I won't be able to say my song is "Unforgettable"
Views: 553   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2002 8:57pm
by Dennis Croak
Re: Re: LQQking for Sharon Hineline
You mean all I have to do is complain to the Hall Monitor? My, what they be theenkin' nextus? BTW, when you get a chance, relate to Rich that I've established a tie to an HHS59 in SA tejas, Jim psst: Dennis, apologies, but I have neither clue nor memory...
Views: 440   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2002 6:01am
by Jim Kalan
Re: LQQking for Sharon Hineline
Jim, if you look in the other link, the guestbook you will find a note posted by Sharon --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:Sharon accidentally borrowed my Bach 1-C mouthpiece and what with today's prices it should be cheaper for her to return it ra...
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2002 5:23pm
by Dennis Croak
Glad You Found Me
Rich and Terry seem to be better at finding people. When I received the booklet about the 25 yr reunion I was kinda surprised that when I looked at the listing of missing students that I was on that list of the missing. I was right here all of the time and didn't rea...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2002 5:19pm
by Dennis Croak
Re: Occaisonal Meeting
Must be the cobwebs of time... your reference, Dennis Croak?? Now for the good news, Dennis. 1. Hammond High has planted massive explosives, donated by Hammond Tech, under the teacher parking lot. Detons are set for the Froth of July 2. I'm still looking...
Views: 538   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2002 6:00am
by Jim Kalan
LQQking for Sharon Hineline
Sharon accidentally borrowed my Bach 1-C mouthpiece and what with today's prices it should be cheaper for her to return it rather than use it to grow one blade of St. Augustine grass.
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2002 5:47am
by Jim Kalan
Occaisonal Meeting
Working in a retail store in Hammond and now in Merrillville, I do occaisionally have one of my former classmates come in for one thing or another. Connie (Tripeer) Brown, Dorrie Barton, Bill Clawson, Judi Hart, Laura (Dodd) Drennan ( her husband worked with me for a...
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2002 5:06pm
by Dennis Croak
Thanks for the memory
I really wanted to thank you for the memories that you have posted here. I am a 1976 grad of HHS. I now live in Kentucky and the last time I was in Hammond was for my Daddy's funeral and things sure had changed in such a short few years!!! I remember Maid-Rite and I...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 1, 2002 2:46am
by Shirley Young Ha...
Encounter with Paul Soucy
For the past eight years or so, Barb Kintz Egner has worked in an office in Mattison, Illinois, in the same shopping center development where Paul Soucy manages the Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company store. On April 27, 2002, Barb and I stopped in to see Paul for a br...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2002 2:29pm
by Rich Barnes
Re: Re: It's a Small World Afterall...
The "Small World After All" story about the bar in Key West was my contribution. Wayne Lander --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- Replying to:I was sitting in the bar at the Holiday Inn in Key West in the early seventies, enjoying a conversation between a s...
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2002 4:05pm
by Anonymous
connections thanks to Rich Barnes!
Hi again Rich, Thanks to your website, my family got to meet a fellow classmate, Class of '59, Len Clark. My youngest daughter, Mary is a Senior at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois is visiting many colleges/u's where she has been admitted for the Fal...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2002 6:48am
by Carol Eret Niec
Maid-Rite Hamburgers
Thanks for a happy trip down memory lane. Grew up in Hammond, and a big night on the town for my family was dinner at Maid Rite. My husband and I tested your recipe last week, and it tasted very familiar. This is particularly amusing because I was a very picky eat...
Views: 316   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2002 6:13pm
by Pat Wachtel HHS'...
Re: It's a Small World Afterall...
I was sitting in the bar at the Holiday Inn in Key West in the early seventies, enjoying a conversation between a semi-inibriated sailor (is that redundant?) and an older couple, who turned out to live in the Woodmar section of Hammond. When they left, the sailor and...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2002 12:12pm
by Anonymous
Looking for Barbara Topper, Helen Kindle, Barbara Hart
I have been trying to locate Barbara Topper, Helen Kindle and Barbara Hart. Does anyone know of these sweet gals or have heard from them? Barbara and I always went across to the part to eat our lunch. Helen was a neat friend at First Baptist Church in Hammond, and...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2002 3:53am
by Caroljean Lewis
Looking for Jim White
What ever happened to Jim White?
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2002 3:18pm
by Jim Kalan
1 2