Return to Website

HHS Class of '59

Welcome to the Discussion Forum for HHS'59 ! If you are a classmate or just visiting, we would like to hear from you.

HHS Class of '59
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
connections thanks to Rich Barnes!

Hi again Rich,

Thanks to your website, my family got to meet a fellow classmate, Class of '59, Len Clark.

My youngest daughter, Mary is a Senior at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois is visiting many colleges/u's where she has been admitted for the Fall 2002 semester, including Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana.

We visited Earlham over the last two days and I introduced myself to Len Clark (HHS '59), Provost and Academic Dean there, who was in attendance at several student/parent meetings. He sat with my husband, Mary and me at lunch and we shared some Hammond memories.

He and I were world's apart in high school, but connecting with him yesterday, it didn't seem so. I felt a kindred spirit in our connection through attending Edison School and Hammond High and it was one of the highlights of the trip for me.

It was an experience that made our visit so much more personal and it was through your website that I became aware of Len Clark and his whereabouts.

Thanks for helping us make these connections! It is great fun.

Peace, Carol (Eret) Niec (Class of '60)