Return to Website

HHS Class of '59

Welcome to the Discussion Forum for HHS'59 ! If you are a classmate or just visiting, we would like to hear from you.

HHS Class of '59
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: It's a Small World Afterall...

I was sitting in the bar at the Holiday Inn in Key West in the early seventies, enjoying a conversation between a semi-inibriated sailor (is that redundant?) and an older couple, who turned out to live in the Woodmar section of Hammond. When they left, the sailor and I continued to talk. Turns out he was from the St. Louis area and knew one of my roommates from Murray State in Kentucky. I mentioned that my roomie had some Ike and Tina Turner albums, and the sailor said his step-father ran the club in St. Louis where they were "discovered." Small world!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In visiting with our fellow classmates, I've been hearing stories of our HHS'59 grads running into each other as some sort of "Close Encounter of the 59th Kind!" If you have a story to share about meeting a fellow classmate, or running into someone from Hammond, Indiana in some strange encounter, please let us know.

It is a small world afterall!

Re: Re: It's a Small World Afterall...

The "Small World After All" story about the bar in Key West was my contribution. Wayne Lander

Replying to:

I was sitting in the bar at the Holiday Inn in Key West in the early seventies, enjoying a conversation between a semi-inibriated sailor (is that redundant?) and an older couple, who turned out to live in the Woodmar section of Hammond. When they left, the sailor and I continued to talk. Turns out he was from the St. Louis area and knew one of my roommates from Murray State in Kentucky. I mentioned that my roomie had some Ike and Tina Turner albums, and the sailor said his step-father ran the club in St. Louis where they were "discovered." Small world!!!

Replying to:

In visiting with our fellow classmates, I've been hearing stories of our HHS'59 grads running into each other as some sort of "Close Encounter of the 59th Kind!" If you have a story to share about meeting a fellow classmate, or running into someone from Hammond, Indiana in some strange encounter, please let us know.

It is a small world afterall!