Return to Website

MNM Message Board -- Feel The Mayhem!

MNM is proud to be your "Home Of Wrestling Radio." We value our listeners' thoughts, comments, and questions. However, no immaturity or profanity will be tolerated! Enjoy the forum!

MNM Message Board -- Feel The Mayhem!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Hart Mansion Being Turned Into A Condo?

"I'm looking for something that takes care of the house and takes care of the neighbours' concerns."

One of those neighbourly concerns is the thought of waking up one morning to concrete and metal instead of a stunning view of the city.

"Across the street from the property are some really fancy shacks that have unobstructed views of the city and that's why those people moved there," said Jago, who was told the apartments would stand four storeys.

"Those views will be restricted."

Berloni contends the buildings will not be eyesores.

"We will not obstruct views in any significant way," he explained, adding he is willing to pay higher costs to build separate buildings, simply to keep them low and out of sight of neighbours gazing out their windows.

He said it's too soon to say how many buildings could be erected beside and behind the Hart home on the 2.1-acre lot, but it won't be a "crazy number."

Ross Hart, son of the wrestling legend, said he knows the restoration is expensive and understands the need for housing that can generate revenue, but added it's tough to see his family home change.

"It wouldn't have been my first preference. I've been accustomed to that landscape all my life," he said. "But I suppose as long as the house itself is retained, as long as there's no demolition and the major contents of the house are preserved, I have no real objections as to what it's used for."

Neighbours want things to stay the way they are.

"The land needs to be preserved," Jago argued. "All 2.1 acres of it."