USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AGENT ORANGE

Well, I've offically been denied my claim with the VA for diabetes. Hopefully someday someone will provide some "proof" and/or Uncle Sam will recognize the fact that this chemical has caused everyone at some time a very lousy lifestyle and will step up and take responsibilty for this!
Here's hoping to a better result for everyone affected.

Good luck to all........

Everyone,

Hopefully great news! Doing a Google search recently has provided some news for us. The US Court of Appeals has ruled (Aug.18th) that you did NOT have to set foot on land and just being off shore in the near vacinity of the Repupublic of Vietnam is good enough. The Vetetrans Affairs is now reviewing this new ruling (so who knows how long this will take). Anyway, it is a step in the right direction for all of us!!!

Just thought I would write another update on this issue.

The VA is appealing the US Court of Appeals decision on this.

I personally have appealed my previous "denial" on the basis of the US Court of Appeals decision (from the advice of my local VA officer) and have requested a decision process to be made by the local Review Officer which I'm sure that will be based on the VA's appeal.

Stay tuned, more to come on this subject!!

Re: Re: AGENT ORANGE

hey bud do not give up. I was denied twice and still filing for compensation. need to keep filing and will get results . give them prove that we had agent orange aboard . that is what i am doing "DO NOT QUIT NOW

I will NEVER give up! I still have an active claim filed and still waiting on the court to make their decision on the VA's appeal.

Re: Re: Re: AGENT ORANGE

I finally started receiving my compensation for exposure to agent orange. I received my first check for one year's back pay (when I filed) and have received one monthly check just a few days ago.
Write me at stephens.jerry@comcast.net and I'll get the information on the "team" appointed by the SECNAV to expedidite claims for vets. SMaybe you can contact them and they'll help you. I hope so.
Jerry Stephens

Steve,

What do you remember about agent orange on board ship?