Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Pictures Revealed from Anita's Trip to Japan in 2003 July

Thank you, BeepBeep, for your translation.

AT:

You are very welcome.

Sorry that I am doing the translation at "turtle-pace", but I do hope that there will be more time over Christmas holidays for me to make faster progress through all these articles from October.

As it turned out, after July 2003, Anita was willing to go into hospital for treatment because her friend was willing to fulfill her wish. Lin Yim Fai said, "We were trying to convince her to go into hospital, but she kept on delaying and delaying until about May or June, one day, she said to me 'I want to see him (Matchy), help me contact him first.' Then I asked her if she would be willing to receive treatment for sure afterwards. She said 'okay, I will be good and go.' Since Matchy's birthday is on July 19th, I set up a time to meet him on the evening of July 17th. Ms.So and I accompanied Mui to Tokyo for 4 days and 3 nights."

As mentioned before, I was translating out of order a bit. This part below is continuing from Nov 6th translation.......

On July 18th, the second day of our trip, Anita along with Ms. So and Lin Yim-Fai were walking around town. On the third day, the 19th, which is Matchy's birthday, Anita thought she would not be able to see him. We all thought Matchy would be celebrating with his family. We were having dinner with Michelle Yeoh that day in Tokyo. At first Anita appeared to be in a bad mood, but suddenly her phone rang. I saw her winked at me and she walked over to one side. I knew that must be Matchy. Then she happily said to me, 'we can go now'. I accompanied her to go to this bar at 10:30pm. This time was Matchy waiting for us. I went out with his assistant to get a birthday cake. That day Anita was so appreciative. She never thought Matchy would celebrate with her on such an important day.

Continue from last week.........

Did Mui ever tell Matchy that she has got an untreatable illness. Lin said "Before going to Japan, I asked her if she would tell Matchy, she had her head down, smiled, and shook her head. As we were leaving Japan, I asked her again, if she was really NOT telling Matchy about her illness. I remember very well that Mui said 'Not telling. I will never tell (him).'"

.... Continue from last week.

After returning to Hong Kong Mui was seeing western doctors and getting treatment in the hospital. News of her illness came out in September, then 8 concert shows in November, followed by filming a beauty salon commercial in Kyoto.

Turned out Mui actually wanted to see Matchy once more. Lin Yim-Fai said "Prior to the start of her series of concert shows, Mui said to me 'Come with me to Kyoto, then go to Tokyo afterwards.' I of course know that she wanted to see Matchy again. Unfortunately, I was too busy with work during the time that she went to Kyoto, so I turned her down. After her Kyoto trip, her health condition deteriorated quickly. I feel very regretful for that (I guess Lin is full of regrets for not going to Japan with her)....."
Though it has been 8 years, but when Lin talked about this, his eyes were full of tears.

... Continue from last week.....

Matchy had previously told us (MingPao Weekly Magazine) that it was only in early 2004 when Lin notified him to attend Mui's funeral did he find out that she was already sick with an untreatable illness the day she celebrated his birthday. "When I got the phone call, I was in Hawaii, so shocking and unbelievable. Totally could not accept it at all." Through Lin's arrangement, Matchy attended Mui's funeral on January 12th, 2004.

Matchy said "After attending the funeral, I was very unhappy that evening, I cried for the whole night with a friend." The Japanese Entertainment industry is well known for having very strict rules in their management of artistes. Furthermore, Matchy now has a family with a son, he is expected to have some reservation in this interview. That's why he often referred to Mui as a good friend.

Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.