Return to Website

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇

All Mui Fans are welcome to post, but no swearing, attacking, name-calling and please respect other people's opinions. Forum manager reserves the right to delete any messages that violate above stated principles. 所有梅迷歡迎在此留言, 交換意見, 互通消息. 請自律! 壇主保留刪除任何含有攻擊性留言的權利!

Anita Mui Forum梅豔芳自由講壇
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Heart Of Modern Woman

I agree with Grandma and Mulan_Gurl

When some of you asked if Anita is enlightened, do you mean if Anita has become a buddha like Gautama Siddhartha? If that's what you want to know, I suggest you to find the answer from Sogyal Rinpoche in his "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" on the subject of "enlightenment". I try to quote some interesting points here:

[.......buddha, however, has a much deeper meaning. It means a person, any person, who has completely awakened from ignorance and opened to his or her vast potential of wisdom. A buddha is one who has brought a final end to suffering and frustration, and discovered a lasting and deathless happiness and peace.

[But for many of us in this skeptical age, this state may seem like a fantasy and a dream, or an achievement far beyond our reach. It is important to remember always that Buddha was a human being, like you or me. He never claimed divinity, he merely knew he had the buddha nature, the seed of enlightenment, and that everyone else did too. The buddha nature is simply the birthright of every sentient being. This is the good news that the Buddha brought us from his enlightenment, and which many people find so inspiring. His message - that enlightenment is within the reach of all - holds out tremendous hope. Through practice, we too can all become awakened. If this were not true, countless individuals down to the present day would not have become enlightened.

[It is said that when Buddha attained enlightenment, all he wanted to do was to show the rest of us the nature of mind and share completely what he had realized. But he also saw, with the sorrow of infinite compassion, how difficult it would be for us to understand.]

I guess now you have a better understanding of "enlightenment" in Buddhism. It seems so difficult to attain but all of us have a chance to be enlightened through the right and continuous practice.

She was really special. Do you think she attained enlightenment when alive? My sifu said it is possible if Muijie did meditation all the time.

I enjoyed reading this discussion. Thank you.

I got the book TIBETAN BOOK OF LIVING AND DYING, it is a good book and I hope Mui got the chance to read it but some parts are hard to understand in part one the innermost essence. Between the transference of conciousness at the moment of death did Mui realize who she is?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My heartfelt advice to those in the depths of grief and despair after losing someone they dearly loved is to pray for help and strength and grace. Pray that you will survive and discover the richest possible meaning to the new life you now find yourself in. Be vulnerable and receptive, be courageous and patient. Above all, look into your life to find ways of sharing your love more deeply with others now.

Above Excerpts from 'Glimpse of the Day' by Sogyal Rinpoche

where is the place that i can buy this book?

I don't think you can buy this book anywhere now. Even at the time of release, it was only sold through Mingpao and a beauty salon chain.

thanks woodstock fyi, actually i'm very difficult to find a store that sell all about a mui collection. maybe you know the store in singapore that i can buy all a mui collection? and fyi, i live in indonesia.

and i'm really want to buy a book of heart of modern woman......anybody can help me?

Hi sari

do you know how to read Chinese? Please note that the book "Heart of Modern Woman" is written in Chinese.

And, I think it's not possible to get a new one now unless you go for a used one in the second hand market.

frances,

I can't read chinese and never mind if the books in chinese cause i just want collect it. if you know the second market that sell the books, please email me. thanks a lot frances

1 2 3
Disclaimers: This website and the Materials are provided "as is" and "as available", without warranty of any kind, implied, express or statutory. CasperSnoopy does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this website and/or the Materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in the Materials. The content available here represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider.