Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fosters Picture House

Alison, That is correct, it is a sad sight now, almost completely gone except for the wall at the town-end.
There is no Cinemas now in the town, TV has taken over as the four screen cinema on the Portadown Road has closed down due to lack of numbers attending.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fosters Picture House

I have such good memories from the good old days. Which if you look at it was not such a long time ago. I had many a fun night at the fosters and the lyric. Do you still live in Lurgan ?. I still have some family in the area of Craigavon. Whom I have lost touch with, shame. I live such a long way from home but I still read the Lurgan Mail online and I remember Lurgan as a wonderful place to live and will always be proud of my heritage. Nice to talk with ya, Alison. What is your name ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fosters Picture House

i went to the lyric cinema quite a lot,i live in union street but grew up in dill avenue in the wakehurst estate and went to lurgan model school.
paul allen