Return to Website

Lurgan Ancestry Forum

If you need information on an ancestor or place add a message and keep returning to check if anyone replies. You can also leave any comments on the Lurgan Ancestry itself.

Lurgan Ancestry Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for CORDNER

My grandmother was a daughter of Elizabeth Cordner. Elizabths parents were Henry Cordner and Elizabeth jane Wright
Elizabeth married Andrew Geddis, Lurgan, 10/22/1862. They came to Amsterdam NY late 1880's.Had several children. My grandmother Anne was bornnn1882, Ballygargin. She later married Samuel Thompson of Ballydugan. They attended St Mathias Church of Ireland when children
Interested in more Cordner history, ? siblings of Elizabeth Cordner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for CORDNER

Hello Sheila,

I am looking for the family of Margaret Geddis. She married a James Orr in Moira, County Down. Her father was supposedly a Henry Geddis. Is there a link to your Andrew? Margaret and James lived in Lurgan.
Thanks

Cindy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for CORDNER

I am related to Deborah Castles [b1825 Co Armagh] m William Cordner of Armagh [Lurgan?]

sunnyhill@waterfront.net.au

Re: Re: Looking for CORDNER

I am a descendent of Thomas Corner of Ireland. His son William had 13 children according to his grandson Thomas's obituary. I only have 7. I would appreciate any information you might have on this family. Thanks, Sandy
----------------------------
1-Thomas Corner b. , , , , Ireland
+Unknown
|--2-William Corner b. , , , , Ireland
+Deborah Castles b. 19 Jan 1825, , , , Ireland, m. 27 Sep 1855,
Knocknamuckly Parish, , , , Ireland, par. John E. Castles and Margaret
|--3-Mary Cordner b. , , , , Ireland
|--3-Margaret "Maggie" Cordner
|--3-Thomas Bristow Cordner b. 1 Apr 1859, Drumgask, Armagh, Seagoe,
| Ireland, d. 25 Jun 1945, Kansas City, Wyandotte, KS
|--3-Sara Ann Corner b. 11 Jun 1865, Drumgask, Armagh, Seagoe, Ireland, d.
| 25 Dec 1947, Kansas City, Wyandotte, KS
|--3-William Cordner b. 25 Aug 1866
|--3-Gilbert Cordner b. 4 Jun 1868, Lurgan, Armagh, Seagoe, Ireland, d. 5
| Mar 1941, Wells, Monroe, Wisconsin
|--3-Deborah Cordner b. 23 Nov 1869, Drumgask, Armagh, Seagoe, Ireland, d.
| 1884, Lurgan, Armagh, Moyntaghs, Ireland

Re: Looking for LANGTRY, HALL, BINGHAM, BERNSLY/BINSLEY, CORDNER, GAW, JENKINSON, McGRATH

Hello Todd
I see on you have McGraths in your family tree.
You wouldn,t have a George in there would you?
I am looking for descendaants of my ggfather George McGrath, born abt 1843.
Married my ggmother RoseMary McCleary 1861 in my hometown Newburgh New York.
Found one George McGrath in griffiths valuation, living in Lurgan on castle lane 1864.This wouldn,t have been my ggfather as he was killed in the civil war here in the USA in July of 1864.
Don,t know what his religion was, but my father was Presbyterian.
Let me know if this makes any sense.
George

Re: McGRATH

Hi George

Sorry, no, I don't know the parents or siblings in that line. I believe the marriage was in Glenavy (written as Glenavie on the d cert) and have written to the parish church there but no response as yet.

I have found Binghams in Lurgan from an old directory. They were Shoemakers which is the line my great great grandparents were in. Next time I have access to the directory I'll see who the proprietor was.

I'll let you know if I find out anything about her parents from the curch records.

Good luck in your hunt.

Regards

Todd