Return to Website

WELCOME TO THE INVICTA KENT FORUM

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME, ANONYMOUS POSTINGS WILL BE DELETED

WELCOME TO THE INVICTA KENT FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yellow flags

First of all I would like to say thank you to everyone on the committee and all the marshals who make racing possible. You all do an amazing job and I don't know what I'd do with my Sundays if I couldn't go racing. I do however have a question about the use of yellow flags. When there is an incident on the track the marshals will show a yellow flag to give drivers a heads up but this seems to be done in a manner of ways. Some just show the flag whilst others wave them and a few hold the flag and gesture with their free hand which way to go to avoid the obstruction. I find the that the latter is more useful because it gives us drivers and indication of the safest way around the bend, wether it's to stay in tight and hug the cones or go out wide. But when all you get is a flag being waved it's hard to judge where the car is in all the dust. I was wondering if there was a specified way that yellow flags should be displaid or wether it was down to the personal preference of the Marshall on the post? And if it would be possible that all marshals point out the clear path instead of just waving a flag it would be a great help. I don't mean for this to sound like I'm moaning because I appreciate that we have few 'full time' marshalls and it is sometimes other drivers on the posts and I have the upmost respect for all of you who stand out on the track to make sure we get a great days racing. This is purely something I have been pondering for a while and thought I would ask. I can't wait for next meeting!

Re: Yellow flags

fair point Billy...I would say go out and assist on a marshall point and see for yourself whats involved

Bill, I think the bottom line is that if there is a yellow flag shown, either waved or stationary, then the driver should be aware of an obstruction at some point past this flag. I know some marshals do try to give further "advice" by waving you in or out but this is not mandatory. The onus is on the driver to observe the flags and take the necessary caution until he is fully aware of the situation.

Thank you Neil :) like I said it had just been something I was pondering. And now I know the answer :) Thanks again

Bill