Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HUDSONIAN GODWIT - MEARE HEATH

The Hudsonian Godwit still present on the Meare Heath scrape/drained lagoon today - from the pager messages it has been there since early morning (probably roosted there last night as it was still present at 8.45pm y'day evening), and still present 12.25pm at least.

Thank you Nick for your reply and compliment!

I probably don't watch the sky enough!
This Sparrowhawk had been soaring, which I have seen many times, but it's sudden and long stoop to attack was a new one for me, but thrilling!

The Hudsonian godwit was present from early morning apparently. It was there when I arrived at 8.10 and other visitors had been there a while before then. Also one Ruff, one Redshank and a male Garganey. At Noah's, one Common Tern, 3 Black headed gulls, still a few Wigeon around and a big flock of Sand Martins.

Hudsonian Godwit still Pres today. Also this am on Ham Wall/Shapwick 2 Garganey on Meare Heath, 2 Bittern, 4 GWE, 1 Cuckoo and 7 hobby. Photos on site.

At last I have an opportunity to visit Shapwick this afternoon (Tuesday).

I understand the Hudsonian Godwit didn't show at all yesterday. Has it been seen at all today?

Thanks.

Jamie

Hudwit hasn't been seen today to my knowledge.

Thanks Oliver. I'll try again on Thursday afternoon.

Hudwit not present up until 1515 today (Wed 6th) : 134 Blk tld Godwits were still there