Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Shapwick NNR - new path toward Canada Farm

In the interests of reducing car break-ins at the somewhat isolated Canada Farm entrance I thought it would be useful to repeat my posting in that thread under this heading.
Cycling along the road past the entrance to Canada Farm, I notice that there is now a permissive path emerging from the main reserve, on the east side of the road, just a short distance to the south. Whilst this new path is not marked on the Shapwick NNR leaflet as shown on the NNR website, it must connect with the path to Decoy Hide. This would enable one to park at the visitor centre or main reserve entrance and enjoy a pleasant off-road walk to Canada Farm.
I have no idea of the practicality but a path north from the Canada Farm hide to the river bank, would complete a useful circuit.

Re: Shapwick NNR - new path toward Canada Farm

I have had an Email from Simon Clarke today warning of more break-ins of cars at Canada Farm and other locations over the weekend. Please be vigilant and use the main car parks until the culprits are caught. Other more positive news concerns Shapwick Moor Hawk and Owl Trust reserve where a new hide has been opened that looks south over some newly formed ponds and north over part of Canada Farm.