Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
.... And Arrivals!

Flocklet of 3 Redwing and 2 Fieldfare "arrived" in Chipstable this morning, 9am (last year was 5th & 7th, respectively)

Swallows still passing over high, yesterday morn (5th Oct).

Re: .... And Arrivals!

Exciting news, i love the arrival of these two birds. I usually listen for them in the dark evenings passing over head to see if they have arrived yet so it is great to get a visual so early in the month.

and single Redwing over Churchinford at 13.10 today. A light passage of skylarks and meadow pipits throughout the morning.

Sky full of Redwings over Withycombe Common this morning at 9am. Same date as last year!

Flock of 200+ Fieldfares over the fields near Steart Point on Friday 11th and flock of 100+ Redwings around same area on Sat 12th.

At least 450 Redwings at Wall Common this morning.Also 7 Song Thrushes were part of the thrush influx.The lone Swallow was presumably on it's way south!.

30 Redwing going N over Westport this morning as probably my last two Swallows of the year flew SW over garden...

100 plus redwing and fieldfar's at fine court near Taunton on the 12.10.13 around lunchtime.