Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dipper in Cheddar Gorge

Dipper in Cheddar Gorge today (Saturday) at 3.00pm, just visible at edge of stream under footbridge entrance to small park between Waterfall Restaurant and Forte's Ice Cream Parlour - presumably hiding from large numbers of visitors in the gorge. Early morning or evening visit should give best views.

Re: Dipper in Cheddar Gorge

Dipper seen at lunchtime today in the stream behind Tuckers chip shop. Also a Grey Wagtail in the same area.

dipper in the pool by cox's mill car park, and two grey wagtails flitting from the stream at the lower end of "the bays" to the same pool late this afternoon

On previous visits I have managed good views of dipper early morning at the mill pond in the gorge. I Realise this query is not directly bird related but I did though wonder if anyone had seen the water voles this summer in the gorge. I heard they had been flooded out the previous year and were no longer present? They were a great to watch and showed well and so it would be a shame if they were no longer there. If anyone is aware of them stilll being there I'd be curious to know.

One in Wells, Keward Brook, opposite Morrisons for 2 days this week

Dipper on stream between a grassed area with picnic benches and the road at 10.30 this morning. Also Kingfisher and Grey Wagtail in same area.

Dipper seen in channel behind Tuckers fish abd chips at about 2pm today.

Also Grey Wagtail in same area.