Somerset Ornithological Society - Bird News
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hobby

A Hobby flew low over Coxley today on the way home. Might be the last one I see until next May when they all come back again :-)

Re: Hobby

Westport - Two came over the garden low and slow early yesterday and made their way along the village eying up the local young Swallows - mid morning one came back along the same route.

Still a few Hobbys around on the levels. I saw two in Canada Farm yesterday around 1pm and one in Westhay Moor at 5pm.

One near the Knowle Inn near Bridgwater yesterday.
The new traffic lights bringing an unexpected bonus as I was sat in a line of traffic.

6-Sep-13
2 Hobbies over Noah's Lake, Shapwick this mid-morning.

Had a fantastic view of a hobby today at Canada Farm, in one of the fields on the right - 25 yards away at most catching a migrant hawker.

Hobby hunting over Chipstable, nr Wiveliscombe, this morning

Hobby hunting over Nettlebridge this morning around 7.30am, same House Martins under attack at the same place as Yesterday!

Some Meadow Pipits on Stratton Moor and more over, 5 Yellow Wagtails through (2 & 3) and possibly the same 3 Yellow Wag a few minutes later.

Spotted Flycatcher at Edford Bridge yesterday.

Possibly the same pair from the 2nd above were over Barrington this pm with a whole gaggle of Swallows around them when they both peeled off suddenly at the same time and dived in different directions after the swallows below - couldn't see the result of the attacks unfortunately , too low down.

Single Hobby over Sutton Bingham Res today about 11am.

No sign of the Red Necked Diver.

Hobby at Ham Wall catching one of the many dragon flys that were around this lunch time.

Juv. Hobby seen this afternoon, Sept 26th, at Mells.