THIS IS THE FORUM FOR ANY JAGGY ISSUES.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST A MESSAGE.

BOSWELL BANTER
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: crisis

Bert put so much time and effort into Lugar and I think we were spoilt to an extent in the past although I do feel it was a one man band at times. I do feel that the people there now do put a lot of unrewarded time into the club but I have played at many junior clubs and Lugar is the least professional out of the lot. Most Ayrshire league clubs have a more professional attitude in my opinion. I know there is not a lot of money but it is upto the board to get more/new sponsors in. It is such an effort to try and reclaim expenses and signing on fees and sometimes it makes you think why bother. That is what happened in my case. Relegation is a severe possibility this season and getting back out of that Ayrshire league is getting more and more difficult.

Re: Re: crisis

ex player needs to realise money can only be paid out when the funds are available.Lugar disny have any large financial backers such as Hurlford or Irvine Meadow.I am quite sure the club tries to be fair to all the players and to give every player equal status financially.Anyway the club has a full season to pay players signing on fees and players need to realise that

Re: Re: Re: crisis

Ok – let me get this straight, you think that a player with 5 years of decent junior experience should get the same money as an 18yo straight out of the amateurs? That is fundamentally wrong, surely you can see that? But that is the way Lugar works and probably the reason they can’t attract decent junior players. How many signings this season have had experience in the super league 1st division, I can hardly think of any? The difference between that and the Ayrshire league is massive and signing the majority of players from there is a gamble to say the least.

Examples of poor setup.

1. Tracksuits get handed out 2/3 months after season starts.
2. Signing on fees aren’t paid out when promised.
3. No training gear (don’t know any other club that doesn’t provide training gear)

I could go on. I know a lot of it comes back to money but sometimes you can only blame yourself. Bring back Bert

Re: Re: Re: Re: crisis

Thanks for your constructive comments. As the manager, i am trying to address these and many other issues, and trying to take Lugar forward. This can only be done with the support of not only the committee, but the people who regularly come to games and even those who use this site.
Its too easy to shout abuse at players and myself, then walk out until the next game and repeat the same old stuff. If folk were really interested in moving the club forward, then they should use their energy constructively.
Identify players?
Sponsorship?
Helping out the present committee?
As for a player with 5 years junior experience getting the same as an 18 year old out the amateurs, then i can't comment, but there is now a wage structure at the club to stabilise things and we wont be held to ransome by players, like has happened in the past.
You have had a dig at things that happened when you were here, but finish by asking to reinstate the very people responsible! As for getting relegated, only time will tell. Sorry for the rant, but these recent postings and the vandalism at the park, have forced some kind of outburst!

Re: crisis

Bert is coming back but only when kenny Young leaves. For the club.s sake i hope it is not too long