A place to ask questions, or just talk about your yorkies

Yorkie Views Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help puppy training

Irene,

If Sir Winston does not like the wood pellets, you can try using either the washable pooch pads, or as some people do, an old throw rug. For some reason they seem to learn pretty good when using an absorbent item like the throw rugs and pooch pads, and they are washable.

mmyorkies

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi, I have always loved the yorkie breed and have just acquired a male (Sir Winston)who is quite a handful. He is fifteen weeks old and I am trying to potty train him in a litter box filled with wood pellets. Sometimes it works but most often not. As soon as I let him out of his pen even though I put his litter box outside with him he still goes on the carpet. Can anyone suggest other alternatives?

Re: Re: Help puppy training

I would try the puppy pads for training. I also tried using cat little for my little girl,Shandy and she wouldn't think of it. The pads worked for her (it was essential as we lived in an apartment). I have adopted a retired stud boy and at 12 it is a bit late to try to train, so he lives in the house with a belly band lined with a newborn size baby diaper. I take it off (obviously) if we are going to be out in the garden and when I want him to "go", but occasionally in the house he cocks his leg, so the belly band saves any smells at all.