Forum: Yorkie Views Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: weight gain

Mary,

I also had gotten my first 2 yorkies (siblings) at 7 weeks, which I later found out was too young for a toy dog to be taken from its mom. When I got them they were 1 pound 2 ounce each, and it took about a month before they started to gain some weight, Probably because they play so much. They are now 5 and the male (Mickey) is 8 pound 9 ounce, and the female (Minnie) is only 5 pound 4 ounce. They were the ones that started me on yorkies, and showing. They are strickly pets, and have been spayed and neutered, but are wonderful furkids.

MMYorkies

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

my yorkie was 1 1/2lbs when we got her at 7 weeks old. She is will be 9 weeks old this sunday Jan.26th. She seems to eat good ,about 3-4 small meals a day. I feed her Iams puppy lamb and rice and Iams puppy dry food. Should she have gained weight by now? or is this normal for such a small dog.She also gets plenty of rest as we have no children or other animals but we also make sure we play with her as often as we can which seems to be plenty.

Email  
Re: Re: weight gain - by SuzyfromSydney - Aug 24, 2004 10:07pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com