Return to Website

American Kenpo Karate International (AKKI) Public Forum

Welcome to the official American Kenpo Karate International forum.

This is a PUBLIC forum setup up for the sharing of information and was placed here for the enjoyment of all regardless of affiliation. We ask that you help us to maintain this forums original purpose. Any slanderous comments made about any ORGANIZATION or INDIVIDUAL will be removed. If you do not leave your name and a valid email address your posting may also be removed.

If you are interested in finding the closest AKKI instructor to you, please visit our Regional Representatives page and contact your area's Regional Rep for more information.

American Kenpo Karate International (AKKI) Public Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Man Sets

Hello,

I'm curious about how Mr. Mills develops the two-man sets...

1. Center-line
2. Universal
3. Trapping
4. Knife/Club
5. Other set(s) that maybe unknown to me

Are these combination of movements, or root movements, based on a theme, especially if they're taught at specific ranks?

As much refinements these sets go through, how is it decided that a set of movement would be the base for this set? What makes the movement(s) universal "enough" for its ability to stand on its own AND the ability to blend in with other sets?

A little shift in the questioning:
Would the theme for brown belt remain throughout the brown belt curriculum, or would each (1st brown, 2nd brown) have its own theme?
Does anybody know and can share theme for the 2nd brown, if there is one?

Thank you,
--
M. Saad Anwar

Re: Two Man Sets

Great questions Saad! I have my own ideas about some of them but I would definitly like to see Mr. Jacob, Mr. Wheaton, or some of the other seniors jump in on this one. Deep stuff.