Return to Website

MNM Message Board -- Feel The Mayhem!

MNM is proud to be your "Home Of Wrestling Radio." We value our listeners' thoughts, comments, and questions. However, no immaturity or profanity will be tolerated! Enjoy the forum!

MNM Message Board -- Feel The Mayhem!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
January 15th Monday Night Mayhem W365 Wrestling Newsletter

Legendary wrestler/booker Bill Watts sent out the following email through his mailing this past Monday: "My son Erik, who I dearly love, apparently tried to commit suicide the night before last. I am told he took an overdose of pain pills. At this time, he and I are estranged again, because his life has been in a real tail-spin and a major part of the problem is his substance abuse, something in which he is in denial as every addict is prior to their getting so desperate they ask for professional help, if they ever do. Erik feels (justifies) he needs the pain pills in order to wrestle, because of the physical toll on his body. That is total delusion because if you cannot wrestle without drugs, then you need to quit! So at this time I have no way of speaking with him. Should he reach out, I still love him, I'm still his father and I'm here for him."

My friends at the Monday Night Mayhem radio show had Jimmy Hart on as their guest this week. He confirmed that VH1 will be going ahead with the reality series on Hulk Hogan and his family. He also talked about his time working for the WWF and WCW as well as more recent times with Total Nonstop Action. You can listen to the show at www.mondaynightmayhem.com. (Hey, nice plug. Thanks Mike!)

Christian qualified for The Royal Rumble last night, defeating William Regal in a qualifying match at The Target Center in Minneapolis, MN.

Lita's knee surgery in Birmingham, AL on Thursday is said to have gone as well as expected. I believe she will be travelling home today to convalesce.

Just to illustrate how much the WWE cares about their Cruiserweight Division they cut two minutes out of the Nunzio-Funaki match on Smackdown this week. Live reports suggest the actual match length was around six minutes.

Chris Jericho is scheduled to appear on TSN's "Off The Record" this Tuesday night (January 18th).

Christy Hemme is pictured in the new Flex Magazine swimsuit edition.

Shane McMahon turns 35 today.