Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Questions on 127

Hi Bob. Good to see another being retored. It should be pretty nippy with the Abarth engine fitted. Why don't you post soe photo's of it on here, I'd love to see how you get on.

Paint code is 255F - Arancio Racing.
I got the decals from someone who seen my restoration and offered me them. If i hadn't got them I was for just getting a set made.
I think I have one still but I put it away to keep it safe and now can't find it. If I can come across it I'll take a photo copy of it and send it to you so you can get them copied and made up. I want to hang on to this one in case I ever decide to build anothr Sport.

Hope this would be of help to you.

Hi Stuart,
great thanks for your fast reply to my question!

the color code you gave me, is it original from fiat?
is it easy to get?

i ll send you some pics of my 903c before i started restoring it!

i m trying to get the a112 motor, but if dont get it, i m going to install the 903 with abarth preparation, i allready have abarth valve cover, abarth 4-2-1- exhaust and exhaust pipe, webber double 32dmtr carburator, magnet marelli electronic ignition,facet silver top fuel pump and king filter, oil cooler, metal braided fuel line all the way, will work the head, fly wheel and some other comnponents.all mecanic parts as brake sistem, shoks etc will be all new.

you can see the restoration here:
http://www.portalclassicos.com/fiat/18273-inicio-do-restauro-do-127-mkii.html

best regards,
bob

Yes that's the original Fiat colour.
Unfortunately I can't see all the photos on the link you posted as it's asking me to register first. So I'll look forward to seeing any you post here.

Sruart

127 Carrello Headlights

Hi, Very nice thread. Strange as it may seem many Fiat parts were used in (Italian) Laverda motorbikes in the 1980s. Laverdas were very exclusive then and way beyond my pocket. I'm now restoring one but the standard Siem Fiat 127 headlamp, single H4 isn't really up to the bikes 140mph+ performance!! Is it true that that the Carello unit as fitted to the 127 Sport was a better twin bulb unit? If so are they still available?? (NB the bike also uses complete (but Laverda branded) instrument console from the 127). regards Ralph