Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
156 Sportwagon: Suspension Upgrade

Hello,

I've just bought my first Alfa: A 156 2.4 JTD Sportwagon. I'm very pleased with her but mildly disappointed with the handling. The rear shocks are worn out so I'm looking for advice for a suspension upgrade for the car.

I would like to maintain the standard ride height. So far, I'm considering keeping the original springs (non sport pack) and replacing the front & rear shock absorbers with something like:

Bilstein B4,
Monroe,
or KYB.

I'm trying to keep it under £400 including installation. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 156 Sportwagon: Suspension Upgrade

Hello Tim. Good to see another 156 Fan.
I'll be honest, I'm not great on suspension mods for the 156 as I'm more used to keeping thins standard.
However a close friend is currently talking about upgrading the suspension to his V6 156 and the first mod he's been advised to do is full polybush suspension.
On dampers your best bet is to visit the Alfa owners forum for advice. A lot of the guys there are very knowlegable about 156's. Here's the link to the post I put up for the mate about what he should do for his car.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/190018-what-suspension-for-a-156-semi-track-day-car.html

I hope it's of use to you and if the mate gets to sorting his ca I will post up what he did and how the changes suited his car.
Thanks gain for using the forum.

hi, just stumbled upon your forum....i'm also a 156 fan mine being a 1.8 (1750) twinspark.....what a fabulous engine....i cant understand why alfas get such bad press coverage....perhaps its just a british press thing...they did drive out lancia....i love your site.

ray

ray bridges
hi, just stumbled upon your forum....i'm also a 156 fan mine being a 1.8 (1750) twinspark.....what a fabulous engine....i cant understand why alfas get such bad press coverage....perhaps its just a british press thing...they did drive out lancia....i love your site.

ray

Hi Ray, thank you.