Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lancia integrale Martini thread.

Hello, I live in the US and I have a '94 Impreza L that I am slowly modifying into a version 2 WRX Rally car. Your website came up on google and inspired me to do a little custom body fabrication which leads me to a question; How did you smooth out the mirrors? at the moment i am using bent (like a paper model with riveted tabs to hold the shape together) aluminium for the mirror shape but at this point it would look like a failed attempt.

I love your Lancia Integrale Martini, from the state it was in when it was picked up looked good, but after seeing the final Pix it's breath taking.

Hi Jamie. I've sent you an email on how I went about it. I do hope it's of use to you.

The email never came through, but i'm guessing in order to make them look good all I need to do is plastic dent filler the shape and sand it smooth.

if you would like a picture I can email you one.

stuart, do you still have the works replica for sale? I would give you 10k for it? If not does the guy you sold it to want to make a quick profit? Lee mcCourt

Sorry Lee, thanks for the offer but part of the sale was that if the new owner decides to sell the car at any point I get first offer on it. Monies not an issue for him.

Hello there Stuart,

I stumbled across your site today while doing some research on lancia's and i just have to say what a beautiful collection of cars you have. I thought that you might be interested in hearing what my family has as your collection is very much similar to ours. I also come from New Zealand.

Cars:

-1964 Fiat Abarth Berlina Corsa 1000TC Grp4 Rally Car
-1971 Fiat 124 BC (1800, 40mm dellorto side draughts)
-1967 Fiat Dino Spyder 2.0 (in Resto)
-1978 Ferrari 308 GTB (Flawless condition)
-2005 Alfa Romeo 166 facelift
-1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16v Ex Works
-1971 Fiat 130 Coupe

We have also owned x1/9s, tipos, tempras, 127s, 131 and many others.

In regards to our lancia, we bought it from the UK in 2004/5 and all we knew was that it was a rally car all its life. Once we got it road legal we did a hill climb and the cam belt slipped and bent all 16 valves. Since we had to rebuild the motor we thought we would patch up the gear box as some of the syncros were rooted. Turns out an Alfa 156 gear box is the same as a Delta's. When the box was apart we found some lovely italian inscriptions and to cut a long story short, we found out that it was an Ex works car. Lancia built 7 8v for the factory team in 88/9 to use as recce cars and parts cars for the rally, and once the 16v were released, the factory team rebuilt these 7 the received from the factory as 8v, and converted them to 16v. After the 1989 1000 lakes rally of finland, they then sold the 7 recce cars off. Our one went to privateer rally team in germany then to the UK and it now sits in our possession. We have done ours up in the colours of the very rare Red model with the blu/black stripes as seen on Deidier Aurials Lancia before he crashed it.

I would like to say that your lancia looked brilliant and you have done a magnificent job on it. It was also sad to read that you had to part with it.

Cheers