Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Fiat 500 official UK launch 21st Jan 08

Launch night for the New Fiat 500 and my local dealers Mervyn Stewarts Had invited people along to their showroom for the Launch. There were screens for a live feed from the London Eye were a 500 would be rotating in one of the pods and Mika (a famous singer) was to perform, to all the dealers throughout the UK. M Stewarts had a DJ as well.

Photobucket

The star of the show, the 500 was covered with a special cover making it look like the old 500. Nice touch I thought and it will be available to buy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 500’s in total were to be on display, the other 2 with ordinary covers on them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Steven Stewart MD of the dealership gave a little talk about the 500 and about how they as a dealer were genuinely excited about the 500 and looking around the room it was plain to see that the car is going to appeal to a wide variety of people.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

To kick the night off, Italian Mamba dancers made their way onto the centre of the showroom for a display.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the dance display, the dancers unveiled the car, (I had put forward that the Northern Ireland Motor Club should have been allowed to unveil the car but as none of us can dance they went with the dancers instead).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: New Fiat 500 official UK launch 21st Jan 08

People immediately swooped over the car and did the same when the covers came off the other 2 cars as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The back of the stand were the launch car was placed was nicely finished with some of the 500,000 options that will be available for the car.

Photobucket

So unveiling done it was time for the press to step in and for the MS staff to have their photos taken with the car.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At 20.00 on the dot the live stream was beamed in from London and everyone watched as 2 white 500’s drove through the London rain while the one in the pod of the London eye drove out and onto the stage. All very showy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a little blip in the live feed but it soon came back up and the rest of the evening Mika sang as people tried out the 3 cars and mingled.
I listened to some of the comments about the car which were all very positive apart from the younger people who thought the cars should be lowered, which I agree with.
My Wife and I had a great night.
Through it all though the New 500’s proud little Daddy quietly set in the background and watched….

Photobucket

I swear Luigi (as my daughter calls him) had a little happy smile knowing the “Cinquecento” name will live on for years to come.....