Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I went to the Launch of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia

26/11/07.
My mate Ian and I got an invite to the launch of the new Ferrari 430 Scuderia at the N.I Ferrari dealers but as the weather was pretty poor I decided not to take the 308.
On arrival I was greeted with the site of no less than 8 Ferrari’s sitting in a row outside the window. 3 F430’s, a 550 Maranello and 3 360’s. The photos don’t do the site justice.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In I went and there the car was with its cover on. I could see the bottom of one wheel in a nice matt grey colour. And that was it.

We wandered round the showroom to see what else was there. A really nice Met black F430 with a red interior. I didn’t think the black would have suited the car but boy does it look well.

Right beside it was one of the Ferrari F430 challenge cars, fresh from the battle by the look of the scrapes and stone chips on it. The sales man asked if I wanted to get into it but when he opened the door and I seen all the width of the seat, never the roll cage that would have to be negotiated, I decided against it for fear of embarrassment.

Thankfully I was saved the embarrassment as they cover was about to be taken off the Scuderia, so I quickly took my place at the front to make sure I didn’t miss anything. (I’m not the tallest). I have to admit I was waiting to see the blood red paint scheme of the car but I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised to see it was metallic grey.

Not just that but it had a silver stripe over its bonnet and roof to. There was loads of exposed carbon fibre everywhere to. The mirrors, the rear diffuser, the rear grill, and the front splitter. Along with those wheels, the car looked amazing. The change to the nose makes the car look so much more aggressive to me.

The engine bay was equally impressive. Again covered in carbon fibre and exposed aluminium tubing. One of the things that got me was just how low the engine sits and how far forward. You could only make it out in fact by the red cam covers.
While I was standing peering in I was politely asked to move to one side. It didn’t take long to figure out why; because straight away I heard the sound of fuel pumps and then a very sharp AND LOUD “barping noise rocked the inside of the building as the car cracked into life. Its one thing hearing any Ferrari outside but to hear it in a showroom with the sound bouncing off the walls is an experience I don’t think I’ll forget in a hurry.

Re: I went to the Launch of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia

bump