Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This is the little MK1 Panda.

how is the car doing?

Hi Chris. Car is currently in the garage under cover waiting on the 127 being finished. It's almost time to start gathering parts up for it.

18/09/07. Started to strip the little car today in preparation for restoring him.
I've decided that like the 127 (which is very nearly finished) I'm not going to make it a concours car that I cannnot use. It will look as close to original as I can make it but with a few discreet mods for modern day use. It will be slow to do as I've a lot of other things around the house that I promised I would do after finishing the 127, but we'll see how we get on.

"It will look as close to original as I can make it but with a few discreet mods for modern day use"

I am guessing this means at least servo assisted brakes

Chris I'll be keeping the brakes standard but all new. Not sure yet what little changes I'll make. Lot of rust to put right first though.

Just a quick update for anyone who might be interested.

I'm going to be cutting down the fleet over the next few months and this means that once the little Panda is finished (properly) it will be up for sale.
I know I'll regret selling but I've ordered a new car for early next year and can't keep everything.

Any updates on this car :)

Hello Chris.
I'm afraid work on the car has stopped for now due to so many other commitments. Probably looking at next year before any further work is done.
It will be done that you an be sure of though.