Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This is the little MK1 Panda.

'Beemer' was successfully picked up about an hour ago . After a little bit of "no i wont start, i know your sending me to the scrappy", he decided to start (think he saw how good Alan's panda is) . After being parked for a few months the brakes were still unsiezed/free to my surprise. The panda was loaded onto the towing dolly by Alan with a little bit of help by his pet poodles, and then off he went (sorry to see him go though )

As Chris says, the little Panda (still not going to call it Beamer) is on his way to N.I. It's blowing a gale here so I hope the boat sales
Chris did you take any pics? I asked Alan too.
I'm sure you are sorry to see him go but don't worry he will be well looked after.

Sorry Stuart, we didnt take any pictures. Just send Alan back over here then we can take some

just to let you know Stuart that there is another 2 ribs to the drivers door, but those have rusted off, and also the original colour of the lower doors and bumpers is marked in red...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I might have the grey colour wrong, as i have found a picture of the bumper when i took some of the paint off and its the same colour as the door. I thought it was the light grey as i have a picture of a panda 45 in Italy that has the same grey (totally now)

Never worry Chris, It'll be a while before I get round to it and I'm sure by then I'l have tracked down the right colour.

how is the car doing?

Hi Chris. Car is currently in the garage under cover waiting on the 127 being finished. It's almost time to start gathering parts up for it.

18/09/07. Started to strip the little car today in preparation for restoring him.
I've decided that like the 127 (which is very nearly finished) I'm not going to make it a concours car that I cannnot use. It will look as close to original as I can make it but with a few discreet mods for modern day use. It will be slow to do as I've a lot of other things around the house that I promised I would do after finishing the 127, but we'll see how we get on.

"It will look as close to original as I can make it but with a few discreet mods for modern day use"

I am guessing this means at least servo assisted brakes

Chris I'll be keeping the brakes standard but all new. Not sure yet what little changes I'll make. Lot of rust to put right first though.

Just a quick update for anyone who might be interested.

I'm going to be cutting down the fleet over the next few months and this means that once the little Panda is finished (properly) it will be up for sale.
I know I'll regret selling but I've ordered a new car for early next year and can't keep everything.

Any updates on this car :)

Hello Chris.
I'm afraid work on the car has stopped for now due to so many other commitments. Probably looking at next year before any further work is done.
It will be done that you an be sure of though.