Maranello House Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Stuart's Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
n
Neil
Sisley
Brave man!! Fair play, couln't see it scrapped. Reminds me of that met red 1 I bought after I sold your grey one, but the doors were better on that. I never got on with that one, had the 850 Sport and was breaking an X1/9 at time. Still I kept it a month and made a...
Views: 525   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 25, 2010 9:53pm
by Mark
Classic Fiat 500 F
Hi everyone! I'm looking at a Fiat 500 F just like this one. Your lovely model seen here reinforces my infatuation, and also makes me think that I must have a picnic rack and basket - where can I get one just like yours?
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2010 12:25am
by stuart
n
Neil
Range Rover
That my mate is one nice looking motor. Sod the budget , you only live once!!
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2010 12:00am
by Stuart
Hi Stuart
Hi Stuart, I was on the Maserati forum and Frank pointed me in your direction! I am from Bangor Co. Down and have recently acquired a 3200gt, an Alfa 155 and have also a Ducati Multistrada... It seems we have a similiar taste in vehicles and was wondering how to joi...
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 10:35am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Future car plans.
Forums been very quiet this last while so it would be a good time to give an idea of what plans I have for the future. As I'm sure everyone by now knows the 3200 is being sold. This was along with selling the 308 buy my friends Testarossa but I'm struggling to brin...
Views: 384   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2009 10:22pm
by Johnny M
s
Stuart
A vauxhall has taken my fancy!!!!
Yes honestly. Seen it at a local show and for some strange reason I really like it. If the Maserati goes I could be very tempted to follow it up. It's a 74 Viva estate with an "old nail bad boy" arch kit on it, with 10' wheels on it and an Opel Manta 5 speed gearb...
Views: 428   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 12, 2009 3:46pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Lancia integrale Martini thread.
Feel free to ask me questions about the Lancia on this thread.
Views: 1072   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 20, 2009 2:00am
by Scott Lowe
c
carl
Maser 3200
Why are you selling the Maser 3200? You've only had it a few months? Am enquiring as I'm interested in it myself...! Cheers
Views: 376   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 11:32am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
This is the little MK1 Panda.
As the thread says, this is the little MK1 Panda I'm hoping to bring home in the new year and restore to it's full glory so it can site in my modest collection. I really am looking forward to it.
Views: 1010   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jun 14, 2009 8:52am
by Stuart
Ferrari 308 starter motor
Any ideas on changing the starter on a 308 GT4
Views: 409   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 19, 2009 10:14am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Fiat 127 Sport restoration thread
Please feel free to post any comments etc regarding my 127 restoration on this thread. You can follow the restoration by following the link from the main page. My goal is to have it finished in time for the classic shows which will start in April 2006. Here's hop...
Views: 3699   Replies: 56
Last Post: Mar 11, 2009 4:37pm
by Simone
s
Sylvia
Sylvia
How'she doing? Got any brakes yet? Jim
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 8:53am
by Stuart
156 2.4jtd
Hi A while ago you did a bit on the work you had done on a 156 2.4jtd the post you did was fantastic i follwed it to replace the wishbones on my car i seem to rember that you also included a bit on how to sort out the stiff gear change that these cars suffer from...
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2009 6:11pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Article from the Irish Vintage scene magazine.
It's about a Lancia get together earlier in the year that I went to. One of the guys from another forum just brought it to my attention. You might have to squint a little to read the text. I copied it and then enlarged it so I could read it.
Views: 462   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 10:47am
by Stuart
j
Jed
ulysse 2.0 jtd prestigio 2003
Hi Folks I have a 2003 ulysse 2.0 prestigio. The temperature guage (digital) keeps going from 2 bars to full bars and a message appears on the screen saying engine overehaeting. The engine is not overheating and the message disappears after 10 minutes driving....
Views: 510   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 25, 2008 2:59pm
by Jed
s
Stuart
Old Panda's thriving in Italy
Just home from there last Sat (wish I'd stayed) Went with the intentions of taking photo's of old Panda's that might have been lying around at the back of houses. Not a bit of it They were everywere in regular use It was so great to see. so I only took 2 phot...
Views: 581   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2008 1:15pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
VW Gti day
I ws at this event with the lancia and took a few photos of some of the cars that really stood out in my eyes. A Golf that was for the German market only I'm told. It was a 4x4 and had white leather. Never seen one before. A VW Variant in matt green with...
Views: 942   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2008 10:01am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
My old Alfa GTJ is back...
But only for a short while. This is the car I spent almost 5 years restoring. I didn't do it all at once but it felt like it. Well the mate bought it off me as soon as I had it finished and having owned it now for almost 3 years, he's decided to sell it. mainly b...
Views: 832   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2008 9:50pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Nice cars spotted while out and about
Thought I'd just start a thread about cars that I've seen while driving. You just never know what you might come across. If you get a photo of something a bit different on your travels by all means post it up. Starting with this. A Merc McClaren SLR in the belfast...
Views: 646   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2008 10:07am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
2 cars at a recent show I went to.
I was at a local show over the weekend and out of all the cars at it these 2 really looked well. A renault 4CV And a Mini that a guy built.
Views: 664   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2008 11:52pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Tatton Park 08 some other photos including Mr Clarkson
Neil took these at Tatton Auto Italia day. A certain Mr Clarkson off the TV got very close to Neils 850 but thankfully didn't try it out for size. Jeremy I'm told was there with the rest of the Top gear guys filming for TG a piece using 3 Italian cars. He g...
Views: 7891   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2008 11:21am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Congratulations to my mate Neil and his Fiat 850
On winning their class at the 2008 Auto Italia event at Tatton Park. Due to the originality of the car and the condition Neil has kept the car in he won Best 60's car I'm very pleased for him. 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's winners all together. T...
Views: 573   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2008 11:00am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
A few fiats on a night out.
My Mate Neil who lives in England sent me a few photos of his 850 along with a few friends cars after they gate crashed the launch of a new Fiat dealers. I think the older cars might have stolen the show. One of "the orange boys" was late, can you spot which on...
Views: 657   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2008 11:33pm
by Stuart
g
Gala
1998 Fiat Brava
Dear Stuart, Very impressive things you have done! I wonder whether you could help to clarify the follow sentence I found in your website: "1998 Fiat Brava which was a terrible car." As I'm considering to buy such model, it would be nice to know if you ju...
Views: 676   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 5:22am
by Gala
s
Stuart
Chat about my Panda climbing.
If you'd like to ask me any questions about owning the Panda Climbing just post them here. I'll happily answer "most" questions
Views: 775   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 12, 2008 10:12am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Site now has 30,000 hits
Big thank you to everyone whos clicked on the site. I never dreamt that a little site just dedicated to my cars would generate so much interest Thank you everyone.
Views: 653   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2008 10:53am
by Reuben
s
Stuart
First official photo of the New Fiat 500 Abarth
Fiat themselves have released this photo along with a trailer for the New 500 Abarth. It has a 1.4 16v 135bhp engine according to the bumph. I was hoping for at least 150 bhp. Maybe they are saving the big engine for the SS version.
Views: 653   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2008 8:37am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Juppy the Fiat Panda thread.
Juppy's the grey Panda 4x4 on my site. I hope to have him around for a very long time. So if you have any comments or suggestions about Juppy, please do post them here as I would be glad to here from you.
Views: 743   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2008 7:57am
by Richard B
s
Stuart
restoration of Group A ex Juha Kankkunen 1992 Lancia Delta HF
http://www.mat.fi/project1992lanciadeltahf.htm
Views: 754   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2008 11:23am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Restoration of a Lancia Delta S4 Rally car.
http://www.mat.fi/project1986lanciadeltas4.htm
Views: 737   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2008 11:16am
by Stuart
b
BigIan
Five minutes of sweet 'music'
Listen to the V-12 6.3liter, 790-horsepower of the Ferrari FXX running around silverstone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqWJBK2VMA
Views: 675   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2008 5:53pm
by BigIan
s
Stuart
New Fiat 500 official UK launch 21st Jan 08
Launch night for the New Fiat 500 and my local dealers Mervyn Stewarts Had invited people along to their showroom for the Launch. There were screens for a live feed from the London Eye were a 500 would be rotating in one of the pods and Mika (a famous singer) was to...
Views: 578   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2008 9:20am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Just googled my name and was very surprised what I found
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/dayslikethis/story76912.shtml I knew nothing about it.
Views: 749   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2008 7:07pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Guess who's just driven the NEW Fiat 500
ME"! M Stewarts have got a red 1.4 Sport in, and I got to drive it earlier today. First off everyone knows how biased I am towards all, well most Fiats, but I was completely blown away by it. I like a lot of people had started to think it looked like the Micra but...
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2008 2:55pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
3 days into the new year and heavy snow.
Overnight we had up to a foot of snow in places. Here's a couple I took from the roof of work with the phone so not great quality.
Views: 684   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2008 5:10am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Very happy Christmas to everyone.
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who contacted me during the year and who left kind messages on the Guestbook. It's been a great year for the site with over 22,000 hits up to now. Thank you all. Now turn your sound on and enjoy this little mess...
Views: 678   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2007 12:44pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Little guide to changing front springs on a Panda.
To do the job you need 17mm socket, 17mm spanner, 13mm socket, 13mm spanner and spring compresors. If you have all these the job shouldn't take more than 2 hours. First job is to remove the steering arm bracket. 2 13mm nut and bolts hold it on. Photo below...
Views: 870   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 10:42pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Sylvia The worlds most travelled Fiat Panda.
Sylvia the Panda broke her exhaust right at the bracket for the manifold. Strang place for it to go. After a bit of welding all is well again. The nuts to connect the downpipe to the manifold wouldn't come off so I ended up having to drop the lot out in one pi...
Views: 755   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 10:39pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Little guide to changing rear springs on a Fiat Panda MK2
My mate Jim who owns Sylvia the Fiat Panda asked me to change the springs on his Blue Panda as it is fitted with lowered springs and he wants to put standard ones back in. First thing though was to get the car started as the battery was flat. I got Juppy my Pa...
Views: 715   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2007 7:48am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
I went to the Launch of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia
26/11/07. My mate Ian and I got an invite to the launch of the new Ferrari 430 Scuderia at the N.I Ferrari dealers but as the weather was pretty poor I decided not to take the 308. On arrival I was greeted with the site of no less than 8 Ferrari’s sitting in...
Views: 564   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2007 2:26pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
I went to the launch of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia (Part 2)
Once the unvailing had been done, the guy from Ferrari UK (and AutoSport magazine) gave a presentation about the car. It was pretty comprehensive and took him almost 40 minutes to get through. Some of the details were fantastic. For instance, the car weighs about 16...
Views: 515   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 27, 2007 8:28am
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Had to start using the new water based instead of 2pk
I had to start using the new water based paint this week and to be honest I found it ok to work with. My compressor is only a 50 litre (I really must invest in a bigger one) but coped fine with putting the paint on. You must use a gravity fed gun though as with a suc...
Views: 622   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2007 2:53pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Messages on my guest book
I'd like to thank everyone who posted on the book for there kind messages and words of encouragment about both the cars and the site. Seeing these messages from all over the world makes it all worth while. I see my restorations were even able to help a couple of pe...
Views: 703   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2007 8:16pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
You know the games up when ....
you come across "in a museum"! something you used to operate at work. On a recent day out we visited a local train museum (don't ask) and there was one of the units I used to work on. It's called RB3 and is a bus that goes on railway. It was a waste of mo...
Views: 705   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2007 2:19pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
The NEW Fiat Bravo. My report.
The New Bravo was officially launched last Saturday (30th June) and Mervyn Stewart Fiat/Alfa very kindly loaned a Bravo TJet Sport to me to take to our club meeting for the members to see. I have been driving an Alfa Brera with 200BHP for the past 5 months, a car...
Views: 835   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 7:40pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Views: 706   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2007 8:04pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
I had a new Alfa Spider for the day.
Since the weather was so good and also it was our clubs meeting night, the main Fiat/Alfa dealer lent me this one. I thought the Brera was a beautiful car. The Spider is even tastier, I'm in love. It actually feels a little harder on it's suspension and corners a bit...
Views: 631   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2007 12:45am
by Roo
s
Stuart
Sylvia "The worlds most travelled Fiat Panda's" TV debut.
Sylvia Is our CLub Fiat Panda. She's been all over the world with Jim Magill our Club editor. This is a little bit of her UTV debut. Not great quality though.
Views: 784   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2007 8:53pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
My day at the Ace Cafe in London with the 5th Gear team.
By good fortune Myself and Jim from the Club we are in were invited over with Sylvia our Fiat Panda to help with a piece for the 5th Gear programme from channel 5. Everyone was really good to us apart from a certain MR Needell who wouldn't give anyone the time of day...
Views: 711   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2007 8:00pm
by Stuart
s
Stuart
Our family get together today
My Brother in-laws Stilo Sporting, my wifes Grande Punto and some of my cars decided on a get together today.
Views: 755   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 9:11pm
by Stuart
1 2 3