Return to Website

HHS Class of '59

Welcome to the Discussion Forum for HHS'59 ! If you are a classmate or just visiting, we would like to hear from you.

HHS Class of '59
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Maid-Rite Hamburgers

Hi,

I just wanted to drop you a note and tell you thanks for the Maid-Rite recipe. I didn't graduate from your school but did graduate from Grundy Center, Iowa, high school and we also had a Maid-Rite in our town. It was a gathering place for everyone in High School. My wife and I now live in Hibbing MN, but go back to Grundy Center about once a year to see relatives and friends, and when we do we always go to have a

Maid-Rite which we both love.

Tried your recipe and will have to say it is great!!!!! Closest thing that I have tried to taste the real thing.. We graduated in '64 and wife in '66.

I enjoyed looking over your whole website even though I know nothing of your town.. Was interesting about the Maid-Rites. Thanks again for posting that recipe. Will be at the top of our list.. Already sent your site to my sister in law in Toledo Ohio who also loved them and also to some friends of mine that were familiar with them... We do have a Maid-Rite shop about 90 miles from here but don't get there often and our home town is 400 miles away so you can see how I appreciate your recipe...

Have a great day,

Mr and Mrs Harley Getting

Hibbing, Minnesota

hdg@uslink.net

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks for a happy trip down memory lane. Grew up in Hammond, and a big night on the town for my family was dinner at Maid Rite. My husband and I tested your recipe last week, and it tasted very familiar. This is particularly amusing because I was a very picky eater as a child. I thought I was eating plain hamburgers. Would never have touched them had I known there was onion mixed in. My parents must have had a great laugh over that! Your website is very attractive, and I really appreciate the old “family” recipe.

It was fun to be able to share a little bit of my childhood with my husband who grew up in Princeton, New Jersey………sadly without Maid Rite.

Cheers!

Pat Wachtel HHS‘73