Return to Website

HHS Class of '59

Welcome to the Discussion Forum for HHS'59 ! If you are a classmate or just visiting, we would like to hear from you.

HHS Class of '59
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Encounter with Jack Hugus

Years ago, the regular meeting of the Great Lakes Colleges Association Deans' Council had as part of our program a visiting "expert" on computing and education. He was the head of Education Computing for IBM, and his name was Jack Hugus.

Much heavier and I would not have recognized him, but I was guessing that he was our classmate. He looked at me in a sort of quizzical way during his speech, several times. After the speech I went up and said, "Did you by any chance grow up in Hammond, Indiana?"

He said, "Oh my gosh, you are Lenny Clark!!"

My fellow deans thought that was pretty funny and I got called Lenny in that group for a few years afterwards.

Len Clark

Earlham College

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In visiting with our fellow classmates, I've been hearing stories of our HHS'59 grads running into each other as some sort of "Close Encounter of the 59th Kind!" If you have a story to share about meeting a fellow classmate, or running into someone from Hammond, Indiana in some strange encounter, please let us know.

It is a small world afterall!