Return to Website

HHS Class of '59

Welcome to the Discussion Forum for HHS'59 ! If you are a classmate or just visiting, we would like to hear from you.

HHS Class of '59
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: It's a Small World Afterall...

The "Small World After All" story about the bar in Key West was my contribution. Wayne Lander

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I was sitting in the bar at the Holiday Inn in Key West in the early seventies, enjoying a conversation between a semi-inibriated sailor (is that redundant?) and an older couple, who turned out to live in the Woodmar section of Hammond. When they left, the sailor and I continued to talk. Turns out he was from the St. Louis area and knew one of my roommates from Murray State in Kentucky. I mentioned that my roomie had some Ike and Tina Turner albums, and the sailor said his step-father ran the club in St. Louis where they were "discovered." Small world!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

In visiting with our fellow classmates, I've been hearing stories of our HHS'59 grads running into each other as some sort of "Close Encounter of the 59th Kind!" If you have a story to share about meeting a fellow classmate, or running into someone from Hammond, Indiana in some strange encounter, please let us know.

It is a small world afterall!

Encounter with Paul Soucy

For the past eight years or so, Barb Kintz Egner has worked in an office in Mattison, Illinois, in the same shopping center development where Paul Soucy manages the Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company store.

On April 27, 2002, Barb and I stopped in to see Paul for a brief visit. Now knowing where to find him I stopped and asked a sales clerk, "Do you know where I might find Paul Soucy?"

She hesitated a moment, then asked, "Is that a fragrance?"

"No," I said. "I think he's the store manager..."

"Oh, my!" she exclaimed. "We just know him as Paul! I don't recall ever knowing him by his last name..."

We found him in his office and for the next 30 or 40 minutes had a nice visit. Good to see you again, Paul!

Rich Barnes