USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My brother

My brother Michael Randy Deverich was aboard the Kitty Hawk in 1973, died in the fire that broke out in the engine room. Looking for photos, friends or anyone who could help with the memories that still haunt me of that fateful time. I was only 12, he was a young 19 year old. Everyone seems to want to forget or not talk about it , even my own family. But me? I will always remember him as my hero, he will never be forgotten & forever in my heart. I tried to find a cruise book from that year but was told there wasn't any made. Thank you all for you service, may those that died that day R.I.P. & never be forgotten... God Bless.

Re: My brother

Mary, on navysite.de they have pictures of the pages from the 73-74 cruise book. I hope that will be of some help. On the bottom of the page for that Cruise Book is an "In Memorium" to your brother and the others were killed.

Thank you so much. Someone told me there was no cruise book that year. I found one on eBay but they wanted $399 dollars for it. No way I could afford that. Thanks again.

Mary go to www.hullnumber.com. Click on Aircraft Carriers and scroll down to CV-63. Go to Date 1973, BT. Your brother Michael and some of his division who were in the fire are listed. They are not forgotten. This was posted a couple of years ago by HullNumber's Web Master, Dave.