USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kitty Hawk fire 12-1973

My brother was one who lost his life, only 19 years old, I was 12... God Bless you for trying to help but from what I've been able to dig up there was not much anyone could have done... God Bless You. I was just hoping to find any pictures of my brother or the cruise book from that year but have had no luck...

My brother Michael Deverich was killed in the fire, this is always the worst time of year for me.... I feel we never got answers or recognition from the government or those who were in charge at the time. Come to the conclusion we never will. My dad went to his grave at 80 years old in 2000 still writing the give rent, higher officials etc. but died with no answers... My mom is now 95 , we go see Mike every Sunday after church.. I still see the sadness, loss & pain in her eyes to this day... So sad... God Bless You...

My brother Michael Deverich was killed in the fire, this is always the worst time of year for me.... I feel we never got answers or recognition from the government or those who were in charge at the time. Come to the conclusion we never will. My dad went to his grave at 80 years old in 2000 still writing the give rent, higher officials etc. but died with no answers... My mom is now 95 , we go see Mike every Sunday after church.. I still see the sadness, loss & pain in her eyes to this day... So sad... God Bless You...