USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lt. Commander Lynn F. Cheney -Pilot during Vietnam

To whom it may concern,

My name is Glenn Dobson. I apologize in advance if this seems like a strange request.

My father-in-law, Lt. Commander Lynn F Cheney, was a fighter pilot during the Vietnam War. During his career, he was stationed in Norfolk VA and Virginia Beach, VA. As a fighter pilot, he flew off the USS Kitty Hawk and USS Forestall during the war.

Unfortunately, Lt. Cheney passed away in 2001 due to complications from cancer. As a means to honor his service, I’d was hoping you could help me understand if any services might be available for his daughters to donate his flight books/medals/wings etc. They would like to pass these items along instead of allowing it to get lost in time.

Additionally, I was thinking of making a financial contribution in exchange for a memorial brick (some war memorials do this I have heard). Honestly, this is slightly overwhelming and I am not sure where to start. But, I think this might help bring closure to his daughters as they still mourn the loss of their father.

By chance, does your organization have anything available to families who want to remember/honor the legacy of a veterans?

I certainly would appreciate your help

My Best

Regards,

Glenn Dobson
Vice President, Human Resources

Dynatest North America, Inc
11415 Old Roswell Road, Alpharetta GA 30004
Suite 300
Phone: 770-500-4628
International : 00-1-770-500-4628

Email : GDobson@Dynatest.com
Web: www.dynatest.com

Re: Lt. Commander Lynn F. Cheney -Pilot during Vietnam

Glen, We are in the process of trying to buy the ship and turn it into a museum in Long Beach Ca. I'm sure they could use your father in laws gear for a display. They also have a museum fund where you could donate money in memory of your father in law.
Get in touch with Jim Melka he's our president, he will be able to answer your questions. All his contact info is on the home page under officers.