USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Plank Owner CV-63

I'm looking for anyone who may have known my father John Clark? He was part of the first kitty hawk crew.
My e-mail is johnny.clark@dhs.gov

Re: Plank Owner CV-63

Do you know what division he was in or what he did on the ship? That would be helpful.

The Commissioning Roster lists J.W. Clark, AN. Eight Clark's listed only one with the initial J. He is a Plankowner. The 1961 Cruise Book will have him. Probably in an air group.

Bill,
I've never heard the term COMMISSIONING ROSTER before. I was not part of the Pre-Com team that was formed and billeted in Norfolk and then transported to Philly on the Boxer. Instead I received my orders in April 1960 to CVA-63 and reported to RecSta Phila. Myself and several others were part of the Catapult Test Team. If you have access to the COMMISSIONING ROSTER, can you verify that I am listed on it?
Thanks, Richard Schuman (ABE2, V-2 Div, Air Dept)

Richard, How does Schuman, R. M., ABUAN sound. You are on the Roster. I was in precom in Norfolk. Like you others were transferred to the Boxer, Randolph and another ship I can't remember. Three bus loads went to Little Creek. At Norfolk I was in Barracks AP 115 then AP 116. There was a Tender near us that needed the space. At Little Creek we were in Barracks 3601. UDT also trained there. After commissioning I was assigned to X Division.

Rich, where does one find the commissioning roster?

Bill,
Yes, R.M. Schuman, ABUAN would be me on the COMMISSIONING ROSTER. Thanks for the confirmation.

Carl,
I, like you, was not aware of the existence of a "COMMISSIONING ROSTER". Perhaps Bill White can offer more info.

Sorry Rich I addressed it to the wrong person.