USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ronald Stricklin

Good afternoon. I wanted to thank you for this site and let you know how much it has meant to me. My father Ronald G. Stricklin served on the USS Kitty Hawk from 1964 to 1968. He was such an awesome story teller, and shared so much detail about his time on the ship that I sometimes felt that his memories were my own. I found this site about a week ago, and read the "History" section, and as I read I could plug my dad's personal stories into each port. My dad passed away in 2012 and one of the biggest thngs I miss are his stories. I believe he was known as "Rock" back in those days, and I would hear stories of his buddies. Clark, and the Melton brothers are some of the names I remember hearing a lot. Thanks again for this awesome site.

Re: Ronald Stricklin

Hi Tammy, I served with the Master at Arms for awhile during that same time period. A shipmate by the name of Stricklin (sic) was a member with the MAA. Was that your father? Ron Marks

Re: Ronald Stricklin

That could have been my dad. I don't know what his job was, but I believe he was an E6. He did tell me a story about driving or steering the ship once. I wish I would have found this site before he passed away. He would have been so thrilled.