USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeffrey "Vance" Weedon RIP

My dad passed away this last week on January 13, 2015 and I just wanted to post it here and see if anyone knew him as he ran the machine shop for many years on the USS Kitty Hawk. He loved his position in the navy and to be able to serve for the United States. I was just wondering if any of his shipmates that knew him were around.

Weedon, Vance Jeffrey; age 68 of Metamora, Michigan, passed away on January 13, 2015, due to complications from diabetes and kidney failure. Graduating from Ferndale High School in 1964, Vance proudly enlisted in the U.S. Navy. An important part of his life, he always felt honored to be a U.S. Veteran. Married for over 41 years, he was the loving husband of Julie, dear father of Renee (Keane) Organek and Angela (James) Matz; Cherished “Papa” of Vinnie, Addison and Owen. Brother of Russell (Sandy) Cross, Wayne (Terry) Cross, Susan (Robert) Thomas, and the late Paul Cross. Survived by his son-in law Rick Miller and Sister- in-law Diana. And, his beloved buddy and precious dog, Spencer. Predeceased by his parents James Noal Weedon and Blanch and Ezra Cross. Among Vance’s many accomplishments in life, he along with his wife, Julie, owned and operated “Master Mfg. Inc.” (a machine shop) in Oxford, Michigan for over 32 years. He enjoyed traveling to the Cayman Islands and playing golf. Also, taking great pride in his grandchildren’s accomplishments, was most rewarding to Vance. Addison is dedicated and talented in gymnastics; while Owen is a born natural in his chosen sport of soccer. Vance’s greatest passion, though, was Stock Car Racing. Dedicated to the sport, and devoting much of his time to building and working on race cars with his grandson, Vinnie, who became a race car driver. In earlier years, Vance and his wife enjoyed cruising to street rod shows in the street rods they built and owned. Greatly missed, our world will not be the same without him. Funeral service Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 12 Noon at Modetz Funeral Home, 100 E. Silverbell Rd., Orion. The family will receive friends Sunday 5-9 P.M. and Monday, 2-9 P.M. Interment Wednesday, January 21, 2015 - 2:15 p.m.at Great Lakes National Cemetery,