USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Book about Kitty Hawk

Good morning Shipmates.

I served in the Navy, 1973-1977, the last 2½ years aboard USS Kitty Hawk. I was assigned to the V-1 Division, both in Crash and a Yellow Shirt Director and made the WESTPAC ’75 cruise. If you were on that cruise, I was one of the ship’s DJs, “Country Chet Adkins” on KRAL Country Radio.

I recently wrote and published a book, “Three Years, Eleven Months, 29 Days – But Who’s Counting” – all net proceeds are donated to the Kitty Hawk Veterans Association, earmarked for Kitty Hawk Museum Fund.

We all remember many of our experiences during boot camp (why did we join), “A” School, our first duty assignment and the most important of all – our time aboard Kitty Hawk. I think you’ll enjoy revisiting your time aboard the longest serving aircraft carrier in the history of the US Navy.

If you’re looking for a gift for your favorite veteran this Veteran’s Day or if you want to help raise money for the Kitty Hawk, take a look. The book is available on Amazon in both book format and a Kindle version:

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Years-Eleven-Months-Days/dp/0615931014/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412765409&sr=8-1&keywords=andrew+adkins

God Bless our Veterans.
God Bless America.

Andy (Chet) Adkins, ABH-2
USN 1973-1977; USS Kitty Hawk 1975-1977

Re: New Book about Kitty Hawk

I received this book as a xmas present. It's a great read and even though I was a snipe I can relate. Brought back memories that I had forgotten. If you like to read this is a nice book that you won't put down