USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: V1 people

Well, lol, i guess not,,, i knew a few had moved to facebook,,guess i'm off to, find out what is going on over there.

adios gents
Jim

Jim there are a few of us old V-1 people from 1961 thru 1967.
We are having a reunion October 2th through October 5th.
The reunion is in Branson, Missouri and Doug Batteral is heading it up.
This is my 4th time trying to answer this V-1 request.

Thats more like V1 folks, i am glad you guys have stepped up, the kind of tight bonds that was created on the flightdeck while working those long hours didnt happen every where and its true no one really knows how it was to work the flight deck unless you was in v1 or v2, afterall,, the flightdeck was ours! lol I flew off shortly after we split the crews in half to make blue and gold teams,, 8hours on 8hours off,, not sure how it worked,,but i was sure less people would be hurt and fewer aircraft movement accidents. you know,, i still blush when i remember rolling that f4's wheel into the scupper, bet i scared the pants off that pilot, i thought it was going over for sure,, first time i got to see tillie in action.
Well Guy, i cant make the get together, but i will be there in spirt, and if you folks do it again i will be there
stay well my friend,, tell the fellows i send my well wishes.
Jim

Re: V1 people yes... I am here

Jim, I have been looking for you! Anyone else that served on board between 60 and 64.

Re: V1 people yes... I am here

lol,,,,yes sir,,it has really been a long time,,you still live in the same place? Man, i thought you was one of the ones that was gone forever,, Perry,,i hope you are well and i am really glad you are still around.
-read Guy Bowles mess. about the V-1 reunion-

Jim Courtney