USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Home Depot Veteran's discount

I have Home Depot And Lowes on same road near home. Both give a 10% discount under $100 no manager approval, over $100 manager approval required.I just completed upgrade to kitchen through Lowes and it really added up on all purchases not labor It was well over $500 off. I use a veterans card issued by county clerks office.

Bob my daughter has a friend who works at Home Depot and she asked him what the policy was. He said each store does it differently. He works in the Bellport store and they give the discount to everyone. I don't know where you live in Suffolk County but if you need something from them you might try that store if it's close enough. Just before I posted this message I sent an email to Home Depot about this situation and if I get an answer I will post it here.

You folks may want to look at this youtube showing the Home Depot discount.

http://www.military1.com/army/article/457713-home-depot-denies-vets-military-discount

Note also, if you plan on buying a new Ford vehicle and are a member of the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) you can really rack up with the X-Plan. You will have to call the DAV, give them your membership number and they will give you a link where you can retrieve the code to put on your X-plan form. What the X-plan does is to limit what the dealer can charge you for the Document Fee (which sometimes can be $600) and a flat price for the vehicle + tax + tag + title. To be a member of the DAV you only have to be rated at 10%, which most of us can get through tinnitus (ringing in the ears).

I hope this helps.

John Weiser
VA-195 1972 and 1973-1974 cruises