USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Plank-Owner John Viccellio

With regrets, I must tell all you shipmates that John passed away last week. I failed to call his sister over the weekend and just learned this today. Jim Melka called me this morning asking of John's condition. I gave Jim his sister Judith's phone number (919-612-4453) and she called me back after taking with Melka. John and Judith were very close. I'm sure that she would appreciate a call some time next week; a very fine lady who really stood by John. Hate to lose him, he was a true asset to the Kitty Hawk Vets. His one late-in-life passions was to see the Kitty Hawk converted to a memorial. He specifically asked that in lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the USS Kitty Hawk Museum Foundation, Gary Barnes, 19406 N. 133rd Avenue, Sun City, AZ 85375. One of the "Good Guys!" A friend, shipmate and patriot who will be sorely missed by his fellow Vets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JOHN ARTHUR "BUTCH" VICCELLIO FLORENCE, SC - JOHN ARTHUR "BUTCH" VICCELLIO, 71, of Florence, passed away on Thursday, September 19, 2013 at the McLeod Hospice House after an illness. Mr. Viccellio was born in Richmond, VA a son of the late Arthur Bright Viccellio and Edith Robertson Viccellio. He was a US Navy veteran having served aboard the USS Kitty Hawk. John graduated from Brigham Young University and was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints. Surviving are his wife of 38 years, Lorraine Updike Viccellio of Florence; son, Anthony Viccellio of Brackettville, TX; daughter, Holly V. (Scott) Renninger of Uniontown, OH; sister, Judith Furler of Holly Springs, NC; grandchildren, Brandon Renninger, Taylor Renninger, Kaleigh Renninger, Blake Renninger, Isabella Viccellio, Anthony Viccellio and Gabriella Viccellio.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the USS Kitty Hawk Museum Foundation, Gary Barnes, 19406 N. 133rd Avenue, Sun City, AZ 85375. Funeral services will be held at 3:00 PM Friday, September 27, 2013 in the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, 1620 Malden Drive, Florence. Burial will be held at 1:00 PM Saturday, September 28, 2013 in Chatham

Burial Park in Chatham, VA. Please sign the tribute wall for Mr. Viccellio at the obit section of www.stoudenmiredowling.com.

Published in Morning News on September 25, 2013