USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Come Join us on FACEBOOK!!

All of the 3700 who are not already members of our Association should join here, and help us keep our ship and make it a museum in Pensacola, Fl. With all those members it would show we are serious. what is 15 or 25 to join not much in my opinion.

And also have those out of the 3700 who haven't signed the petition at usskittyhawk.org sign it.

Dear John, don't we already allow you guys to advertise and spread the news of your events. This hostile attitude is quite disappointing. Our goal is to reunite the shipmates and resurrect the kitty hawk at least in our memories; and most importantly, provide this service free of charge. How could we instruct/force people to pay for any kind of membership fee? Times are hard for many fellow shipmates. And how ethical would it be if we discriminate shipmates as contributing and not contributing members? Aren't there any government agencies perhaps you should seek financial support from?
In the mean time, you guys are more than welcome to advertise and spread the news and enjoy our free page. We thank you for all your hard work and respectfully salute everybody involves in your organization from the bottom of our hearts.
We are always ready to help for the unity and in the service to our shipmates. Maybe the solution is not to get hostile to each other. Let's not throw orders at each other in a offensive manner like Carl Muller at the following comment. Please come to your senses and try to gain our support rather than offending us.

Shem I don't know what is offensive or hostile about having the Face Book people sign the petition. I'll tell you what offends me is the people on Face Book who call the ship the Sh###y Kitty and the ones who want to make razor blades out of it. The last comment I heard on that subject was he wanted to chop up all four carriers in Bremerton and make them into one ship. That doesn't sound like people who really care about the ship. Does the Face Book group have Museum fund? Do they have a scholarship fund for relatives of members? Do they have reunions every two years in different parts of the country? Where you can meet old friends and make new ones. I think the answer is no. This is the reason if people can afford it they should join our association, because if it is going to last we need new members.

well said Carl, see you at the reunion in October.

See you there.

Hello to whom it may concern, I am not hostile at all, all I am saying is if you join the veterans association you will be able to help support the ship. I have been retired 10 years, and I know about struggling, but I will always have 25.00 for every two years of membership. Just remember this your page is nothing more than a facebook page that someone created nothing more. Yes I enjoy all of the pictures and stuff, but it really isn't the real deal unless you are a member

Sent my join request. Waiting for response.