USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Seeking Witness to the FIRST_ USS Kitty Hawk... Race Riot in 1971 ....( Not the SECOND one in 1

I was there from June 68 until Nov 73 and never heard of any riot taking place in 1971. In what part of the world did this event take place? Why don't you tell us about it?

Jess White, OS2

Re: Seeking Witness to the FIRST_ USS Kitty Hawk... Race Riot in 1971 ....( Not the SECOND one in 1

Hi, My brother Don Weas was also serving on the Kitty Hawk from '67 to '71 . Perhaps you knew of him.He never mentioned a riot of any kind. It is interesting that one of my best friends is also named Jess White. He now lives in Florida. i just wanted to say thanks for serving it was a difficult time in history. I have great respect for all who have served and gave so much for the freedoms we have today. P.s. my brother passed away in 73. Take care and thanks.

Charles,

The deployment you are refering to Nov/Dec 1970 was my first cruise aboard the Kitty Hawk and I don't recall any riot. Not that my memory is perfect anymore :) Could you explain a bit more?

I was onboard the #HAWK# in 1970and 1971. I never heard of any riot till after I left in 1972! Can you provide some details?

Hello,
I was a marine aboard the ship at that time, and we responded to a fight in and outside the chow hall. That is probably what they are calling a riot you heard about. I know of no other incident unless it was taken care of by the division it happened in. Semper Fi, Ray

I was aboard in 70-73 and I can only remember one incident can you give more info

I am having faint recollections of the fight in the chow hall