USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fishing time!

Hey, Did you know I was from the Houston area? I grew up and went to school in Channelview. I joined the Navy in 76' and went to Boot Camp in San Diego Calif. I was just in Houston on buisness Sept. 2011 in the Bay area for 4 days. But I been living in Washinton state as of 1992. Let me know next time you come up this way.

I was in San Diego August 5,76 as an OSVET. I was there only 2 or 3 weeks before I took a 14 day leave and met Hawk in Bremerton.Then I took Leave in February 77 before the ship left for North Island. Again I boarded the Kitty in North Island. I went for the decommissioning and to Spokane for the Vet Wheelchair games. Don't know when I'll go again. We go to Florida for the 2013 Games and P.R. in 2014. I'll try to steer the 2015 over yonder. I fish in Clear Lake, freeport, Galveston, Texas City, Baytown and Bolivar. Bull Reds were biting but couldn't make it as of yet. I've fished at the Channel on Market, before Market meets I-10 but that area is posted Contaminated.
Are you on F/B?

I know the areas you where fishing at. That's just crazy because I've been to most every place you went to. I didn't know you where in a chair. My wife works at the Hospital here in Vancouver. The last time I was in Florida was back in 75'. I wish I would have went on the last ride before they shut the ol'Hawk down but like I said before, it would have been a tear jurker for me. Too many bad and sad memorys, but not all of them.

I am on F.B. but I don't know how to find anyone on it. I just have people I know check in with me and I save them on my page. You have my e-mail address I think because that's where I see notifacations. If you don't it's bassmanbob@tds.net

Keep in touch Steve and we will get together for something.

I use it when I need it, which is only for convenience, I have a Spinal Chord Injury and I use it when I go to the VA and the Concerts @ Herman Parks Miller Theater, which is free of charge from March to November cause they have special area there for Handicap, and it grarantees me a spot on row K which is close to the stage. I wouldn't hesitate going over since I have family in Moses lake and Seattle, but, I don't like TSA and it's a rather long drive.