USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

I was in S7 division and knew you and Tom Estes and also was good friends with Harold and Gerald Moody. I never hear from any of those guys but wish I did. I was on that West Pac cruise and was on the Kitty Hawk till we went into dry dock in Bremerton. I then went into data processing class A school and spent my two remaining years at Naval Security station in Washington D.C.

Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

Al, I recognize ur name but can't put a face on it. I was in OE01 67-70 Brownie ETN2

Re: Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

Larry,
I can't place you for certain. I was in CR division and recall an RM1 nammed Stoddard, a master cheif Oneal, RM2 Lord and others. I think we worked with electronics guys from time to time. Just let me know if any of this rings a bell. Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Shipmates - RM's, etc. ' 67-68

Al Chief O Neal and I were for a time the only people on the ship that could copy CW morse code he and I stood watches during The ORI copying long haul off line five letter group etc. we sat near the door to TTY repair shop. I worked in Red FAC most of the time, did some DC work with UCC 1's and TTY. Could send picture from that time ...