USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 71 & 72 Cruises

Frisco was nice,great time,getting to it was just half the fun.Ill never forget goin into town one day,and as you remember,goin out the gate,it was slightly uphill,then leveled off,and my friend mike,who had a 65 chevelle(blue)4spd,all of a sudden grabs a gear and romps on it,and as I look up from he back seat,All I can see ahead of us in the middle of the street,were about 3to4 dozen blacks,standing there,as if to get us to slow down or stop.Mike hit third gear and the street emptied as mike had no intention of slowing down.I thought we were going to hit a couple of them.Yeah,Frisco sure was fun!Remember?m_mcwold@yahoo.com/520-247-9724

Hey is #4MMR close enough?Oh yeah,72,the year of"**** Happens"huh? Then after 11 1/2 mos. of that,we get to overhaul the ship w/the yardbirds 7days a week,12on &12off,at least thats what we black shoes did.Remember?Not to mention dodging rocks and an occasional bullet from up on the hill coming out the main gate.They were some exiting times werent they?

Just got an Email and yes I would like to keep informed as there is much for me to discuss.Ive only had my computer for over a yr far behind.Yes im a former member of #4MMR from 71-73,got lots to talk about,Ive been saving up!Later.