USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Searching for shipmates of Jerry Dyer - BT2 (1961-1962)

Shipmates:

My name is Jessica Schmidt and I am with the law firm of Waters & Kraus (www.waterskraus.com). Our firm represents Jerry Dyer as a result of his asbestos-related cancer. It is our belief that he may have received significant asbestos exposure while working aboard the USS KITTY HAWK.

If you worked aboard the USS KITTY HAWK (CV-63) during 1961-1962, you may be in a position to provide important evidence (for Mr. Dyer’s case) concerning the working conditions, insulation products and equipment insulated with asbestos aboard the ship. I would appreciate it if you would email me back if you are in a position to provide assistance or any additional information.

Over the past 15 years, our firm has represented hundreds of retired Navy personnel from almost all fifty states, predominantly men who served below decks, and who had the misfortune of developing asbestos-related lung cancer and mesothelioma (a cancer of the lining of the lung). In our experience, shipmates are often in a position to recall the substantial asbestos exposure that often took place at or near the same time as our clients.

That evidence is extremely significant in terms of establishing that companies like Owens Corning Fiberglas, Johns Manville, and Pittsburgh Corning are responsible for our client’s disease due to their failure to provide any warning or instructions that insulation products could cause cancer and death.

Again, thank you for taking the time to read this posting and I hope that we will hear from you.

Regards,

Jessica Schmidt
jschmidt@waterskraus.com
1-800-226-9880
www.waterskraus.com