USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USS KITTY HAWK VETS ASSOC. 2007 REUNION

Shipmates:

The USS Kitty Hawk Veterans Association's 2007 reunion in Baltimore Md. will go on as planned in August of next year. Our preliminary research of the available hotels dictates that we have a good idea of how many are planning to attend and the selected hotel will need a commitment by August or early Fall 2006. This number will be our minimum guarantee for attendance. As you know the USS Kitty Hawk is scheduled for decommissioning sometime in 2008. Our plans are to arrange for a special reunion when and where the ship is decommissioned. Due to the unknowns of decommissioning, we will PRESS ON with our 6th reunion in Baltimore.

Therefore, for critical planning purposes, please respond to this email by July 1, 2006 with your 2007 reunion intentions to Tom Williams at wms10@msn.com; Jim Melka at jfmelka@charter.net and Chuck Peterson at chollyp@charter.net. In your response, please indicate the number of persons attending. For those shipmates who are not members, now is the time to join us to share in the fun of our reunions and planning for 2008 Decommissioning ceremonies. A membership form is available through this website.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Chuck Peterson

Re: USS KITTY HAWK VETS ASSOC. 2007 REUNION

HI CHARLIE

I AM EMAILING TO INFORM YOU OF MY INTENT TO ATTEND "OUR" REUNION IN BALTIMORE NEXT YEAR WITH MY WIFE. I MAILED MY APPLICATION TO JOIN THE KITTY HAWK ASSOCIATION LAST WEEK. WE WILL ALSO BE ATTENDING OUR DECOMMISSIONING CEREMONY IN 2008. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN BALTIMORE.

PN2 SKI

Yes, by all means, please count me in and keep me posted on the reunion details.

John Becker
SH3 04-1971 to 04-1973

Any idea what days?
The Ranger is having their reunion in Portland August 15 thru the 19th and I would love to make it to both.
Thanks Joe McKiernan