USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kitty Hawk Souvenirs

Greetings Shipmates,
With the Hawk coming home soon, I was thinking about what kind of souvenirs would be available on decommissioning day. No, not the usual program or ballcap available from the ship's store. Hmmmm, what's that expression...."Got Power Tools?" I'll be bringing a complete set with me wherever our awesome ship is decommissioned! Although I'd like to have the ship's superstructure in my back yard - that huge "63" lit up is better than Christmas lights - I'd be thrilled to bring home the door from the ship's personnel office. How about a set of racks? Maybe the skipper's seat from the bridge? Just thought y'all would enjoy some spring humor!
Doug

Re: Kitty Hawk Souvenirs

I would like to have the 1955 orange and white Oldsmobile that we shot off one of the cats during a dependents cruise in 1970. I was amazed at how aerodynamic that car was. Of course, this would all be environmentally incorrect nowadays.

Re: Re: Kitty Hawk Souvenirs

Ahoy Mike,

I was aboard during the Commissioning. We were told that the steam catapults could throw the equivalent weight of a Cadillac two miles. How far did the car you saw catapulted travel?

Bill
billwilder@suscom.net

Re: Kitty Hawk Souvenirs

I'd like the KTTY-TV & Radio equipment. I had so much fun making sure everyone was entertained. I can remember if the Muppets didn't make it in the shipments from AFRTS how you guys would call the station all dissapointed and stuff. Just curious, what were all you guys doing back there on the fantail just before it came on every week?