USS Kitty Hawk Message Board

Welcome to our new message board, a place to connect with long lost shipmates.

USS Kitty Hawk Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kitty Hawk proposed as museum- reporter's query

How fitting and appropriate it would be to retire the Kitty Hawk to her namesake state. I am a Vietnam era veteran of the Kitty Hawk and please let all of us know how we could support such an effort.
I would bet you could count on a Kitty Hawk veteran’s reunion in Wilmington if that were to come to pass.

Re: Re: Kitty Hawk proposed as museum- reporter's query

I proudly served aboard the Hawk during the Viet Nam era and would make it a point to visit her in NC. I would love to take the grand kids there for vacation and tour. This is a wonderful idea and very fitting. Pleae let me know of any support you may need from me.

This is a great Idea. I served on the Kitty Hawk during Vietnam and would love to come see here again in person, she lives everyday in my office, I have over ten photos of her on my wall, one of which is 40 x 30". That would be an honor for all of us who served on her to go back home.

I think putting the Hawk somewhere for all to see would be great!

I live in North Carolina, and served on the Hawk from 1974 to 1978.... Would love for her to come to North Carolina, think it would be alright if I camped out on her flight deck????? The Hawk belongs in North Carolina since she is named after Kitty Hawk, North Carolina..... And she deserves a special resting place.....

Bill Haubrich
252-548-7099

Hi John,
I server on the Kitty Hawk from 11/67 to 6/68. Back then she was a good ship and I'm sure she is still in good shape. I think she should absolutley be berthed in NC as her reseing place once decommisioned. After all Kitty Hawk NC, is her name sake.

THE KITTY HAWK BELONGS IN NORTH CAROLINA. IM ALL FOR IT . THE QUESTION IS AN OLD ONE BUT LETS KEEP IT IN THE FORFRONT .SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT MUSEUM

Re: Re: Re: Kitty Hawk proposed as museum- reporter's query

I agree totally the Kitty Hawk should be taken to Wilmington and set up as a museum. She has alot of history behind her.